DAC blind test: NO audible difference whatsoever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some of the guys who are very anti-good dac are that way for an interesting reason: its because they are 'reformed' audiophiles. Given how adamant they are that they are right this time and that anyone who disagrees with them is wrong, an idiot, and or a crook, just imagine the kinds of things they must have been saying and believing back before they became 'reformed' :)

Nice line of thought... like ex smokers, they are the worst. I know because I am on of them :D but definitely not a reformed audiophile :p Still, I do not like the blown away and day and night remarks. I try to be more moderate in my wording. I do know the differences are there, also blind. But I also know it is normally relative and small, but if I like it better, it was worth it

I just thought that modern DACs would sound a lot cleaner than old dacs to a point, that it would be humanly audible.

Its audible to some people. Apparently not to others. Hence, never ending arguments, claims and counterclaims. You will have to listen to some and decide for yourself.

Also, don't worry too much about all the blind test claims. Blind is harder than sighted, but with practice its doable and demonstrates there are audible differences for some people.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.