DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Well, I tried my best to stay content with my current MiroDac setup and resist tweaking……
But, the recent chats about using the AD811 opamp as IV kept picking away at me. So, with lots of help from my friend for the pcb layout this IV board is ready for some listening. The circuit is inspired by Grunf’s adaptation of Walt Jung’s shunt regulator/AD811 IV work he shared here and on other threads. (Thank you Grunf!)
After some listened time and more tweaking I’ll share the gerbers via PM to those that are interested😉

Attachments

• IMG_0799.jpeg
    IMG_0799.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0800.jpeg
    IMG_0800.jpeg
    476 KB · Views: 303
  • Thank You
Reactions: 14 users
On the topic of power supplies (@diyiggy), I built two Ubibs for Miro's AD1862 board - and the combo sounds fantastic. Now, looking at adding a FifoPiQ7 to the front end (no RPI), the question of power supply is coming up again, with batteries, super caps, super regs and shunts among the options. What do people on this thread use/prefer for 3.3v digital supply? Admittedly, I don't understand the technical/theoretical reasons for selecting one over the other.

Cheers -

I read somewhere in this thread that a problem existed with a capacitor having reversed polarity. Can you confirm that this issue was later solved in post #1?

Which software tool(s) was/were used to produce the Gerber Files? Do you have a schematic file for back annotation?

Reactions: 1 user
I read somewhere in this thread that a problem existed with a capacitor having reversed polarity. Can you confirm that this issue was later solved in post #1?

Which software tool(s) was/were used to produce the Gerber Files? Do you have a schematic file for back annotation?
That would be for PCM58, and it has been fixed. Like what Brijac said, the information posted in post #1 is conscientiously updated by Miro.

Reactions: 1 user
for those wishing to use AES3 instead of SPDIF for the digital to I2s converter, it is possible to use INA165x combined with one of the many DIR9001 boards on sale that have SPIDF input?. perhaps it would be enough to remove the coaxial connector and solder the INA165x outputs directly on the board by sharing ground.
https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/i...2Famplifiers%2Fline-receivers%2Fproducts.html
I did not quite understand, could you please send a schematic or block diagram?