DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Any verification builds of the psus yet?!
I've done a small batch of the VRDN boards but there seems to be a lot of conjecture on that thread at the moment about the design. It is a conversation way beyond my pay grade so I can only look in and hopefully they are good to go but would be good to have these as back up if needed

I want to build this Dac.
Sorry, my english is not very good and i use google translate a lot. Do I understand correctly that the DAC board also has an analog part that can be directly connected to the preamplifier? I have a spdif (coaxial and toslinku) receiver on the wm8804 chip. It has outputs like in the picture.Will it work with DAC?
IMG_20210217_235729.jpg

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Any verification builds of the psus yet?!
I've done a small batch of the VRDN boards but there seems to be a lot of conjecture on that thread at the moment about the design. It is a conversation way beyond my pay grade so I can only look in and hopefully they are good to go but would be good to have these as back up if needed

I have used the VRDN for the +-12V and it worked great. I am one on the thread trying to get an accurate noise reading on the VRDN. It may be able to be tweaked for better performance, but it is already quiet now.

I also ordered the miro PSU boards, I was using a DC-DC converter for the +-5V, not the best option, but it was still dead quiet.

My replacement JLSounds stacking DAC boards arrived yesterday so I have made some initial progress with the assembly. Unfortunately I'm waiting for a delivery for the rest of the parts so progress is very limited.

With the replacement boards I made some changes, including adding on the JLSounds configuration resistors (smd too, I surprised myself by actually managing to solder up a couple of boards with them). Anyway, they stack onto the JLSounds board correctly now (that was my previous error).

mIuGsqU.jpg

WDaTXDK.jpg

gyq4ivg.jpg

Cheers Vunce.

I have some of these modules that I'll probably use for the power supplies;

TPS7A4700 low noise LDO regulator PCB

My boards don't have an I/V stage and I plan to use Borbely tube/mosfet hybrid 'opamp' modules so they'll be separate and will require another power supply, +/-24V, and will probably use a spare VRDN (without the denoiser) for that.

Last edited: