DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

I have a different sources:
  • Akai CD 79
  • Denon 3910 DVD
  • Fx audio DAC X6 (mod)
  • PC on Mac with Audirvana

Amp - AudioGD NFB-1 + Cyrus Smartpower Plus, Loewe 6391

Different cables - Viablue (interconnect), Fudjikura (power), cooper wire in varnish - acoustic cable

Acoustics - Heco Victa prime 302, Chario Lynx, Diy on Excel's

Diy acoustic have case from Audio note AN-E (with original partitions and made by birch plywood). I want a beryllium twitter in future. Crossover made with Jantzen Air Core wire coil and Mundorf Supreme caps. E0045 also with Mundorf E-cap.
Everything is quite modest :D
Sometimes I take different devices for listening;)

Attachments

• IMG20220414135939.jpg
    IMG20220414135939.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG20211031134728.jpg
    IMG20211031134728.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: 1 users
@Vavilen
best sound/price: LM6171 (is in DIP case), LME49990 (is discontinued :cry: - avoid ebay/ali), ADA4898-1
better sound: OPA627 (OPA627 clone - not tried yet :ROFLMAO: )
also not tried yet but can be very good: THS4031 (VFA - maybe decoupling on the power pins may be required), THS3001 (CFA - needs special adapter because of heatsink pad - must be cooled)
What about Muses 03 and different discrete oamps (Sparkos labs SS3601) and others?

Do you expect significant improvement comparing to your Excel tweeter?
Yes. I also see on E0040-06 Crescendo with more thoughtful magnet system but twitter is also silk. It means forgives flaws in recordings. Beryllium is more stern. The man I know had a Bliesma T25B and he also had E0040 Excel. He said that difference is small between them. I listened the beryllium a long time ago. That's was the Focal Electra Be and Utopia. Still need to look the crossover - fit or not for 45. It's not easy!

.... you know, what is important in atweeter is its low end....not its high end for the tonal balance. Put a spoiler on a Traban and you will not have a Ferrari. Keep your monney.
You're right! Tonal balance is important. I never heard about beryllium twiter can distort the balance. Scan speak will be fine but I don't want the dissection of music, I need a musicality with highest resolution! (life-like) I think this way.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Experiment with one of your speaker and your room about measuring then filtering, maybe first with EQ (for instance from the player of a RaspBerry Pi to understand first about power response, i.e. the spl curve of the loudspeaker its peaks, holes, what frequencies involve your ears... so buy a mic and spend time into free measurement soft always talked in numerous forums.

About the list of the oaps, my oap list that worth it also involve AD810, Vunce opa810 board Rogic inspiration, opa1646, opa 1611 (difficult), opa1655 (difficult)... AD797 seems to have its fans and is a good trade off too. (RTFT)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user