D-Noizator: a magic active noise canceller to retrofit & upgrade any 317-based V.Reg.

And this is the more evolved, 154dB@100Hz variant. Some work will be necessary on the two compensation capacitors. Note that not all the protection components have to be present in all situations; depending on the context, some might be dispensed with (and it applies to the two variants), but as drawn they should be reasonably bullet-proof.
1714666708547.png

Attachments

• Maida300Vd2f.asc
    9.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 user

Attachments

• Maida300V Zout.png
    Maida300V Zout.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
I have used a Dienoiser in the sensitive section of a frequency synthesizer, and I noticed that for 6V the values from the table published by Diego are not optimal.
This is the modified circuit:

View attachment 1295143

With the original values, the the Vce of Q1 was <1V, which is not very healthy: the transistor works in quasi-saturation mode, and the possible correction amplitude is limited.
With R3 at 470 ohm instead of 1K2 and R5 connected differently, the collector voltage is more reasonable, and the current through Q1 is higher, which is beneficial for the noise performance
Am I wrong or there's a slight displacement to the left and up, to the impedance curve in LTSpice after these changes are made to the original Diego's regulator? Psrr is not affected, and noise we can't get reliable results of.

Attachments

• Modified regulators.jpg
    Modified regulators.jpg
    979.8 KB · Views: 8