Cyril Bateman's site

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mrupp, you may be right about the copyright.
But the work is very worthwhile reading and should be safeguarded in some form.
with Cyril´s own website suspended-
Anyway the scannings are not easy to read, some parts are not readable at all ,
After the EWW publishing Cyril Bateman´s capacitor work was later made available on CD´s directly from him, with some extra material beyond the EWW articles.
I heard from him on 13/2-2011.

There's a recent article in Test and Measurement World where the author cites Bateman's work and provides his own design as well as a notch filter for A/D testing. I found this to be a very interesting read.

"Low distortion oscillator tests measurement circuits," Vojtěch Janásek, JanasCard, Test and Measurement World, May 3, 2012.

Low distortion oscillator tests measurement circuits | TMW

The articles describes how to measure distortion in capacitors.
Has anyone built the generator and notch filter and found them useful?

Hi,
I built it, tt was a very ambitious project for me but I ended with success.
The settings of the adjustable resistors and calibration of the lot with the sound card were not easy, they may need new trims form time to time.
I sometimes get a burst of the 4th harmonic but did not identify its origin.
The amplitude stabilization using an opto-coupler like Janacek did seems to me preferable.
I did not measure caps with it yet, I mainly use it to check performances of amplifying circuits.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.