Curious about fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think what it all comes down to is what you want to do and what you believe in. Dood! if you want to try them fuses go for it. If you don't think they did the job then a you learned something or b it did improve something and your happy. either way it's your money do what you wish and learn all you can :)

john curl said:
No, he was a German engineer and his fuses were made of silver, as the fuse itself. We went to the strip club later in LV, and fed $ to the young ladies.

Silver dollars of course. "Oh, Mr. Curl! That was COLD!"

Are we talking about power line fuses or signal line (output) fuses? If the latter, inside or outside the feedback loop? If it's signal fuses outside the feedback loop, even a hard core rationalist like me can see why some could sound better than others.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi SY,
I was about to make that point. Had the words ready to flow out ......... and you stole my thunder dude! :D

I have to say, that with a design that is very sensitive to it's supply, these fuses may sound good. Example: a Counterpoint or related product :D :D

I think that if the power supply section has been designed well and is doing it's job, only an arcing line connection may be audible.

Output (outside feedback loop, or low feedback) or speaker fuses. Absolutely audible.

Quasi -
Wrong, two moderators near by! :D

-Chris

You are very foolish Poobah to criticise without trying first. I don't care one way or another.

That's about as close as you can get to just calling me a fool. All this pontification is simply good free (sort of) advertising...

In many cases, I simply don't have the luxury of being able to test something before I design it. Try breadboarding a 100 kW invertor. You don't cob these things together with clip leads, silver or otherwise, and accomplish anything. It's all done with the math... perhaps a foreign art to fuse rollers.

Eva, as always, makes a point or two. In general, you will find that giving alot of women one dollar doesn't work nearly as well as giving one woman alot of dollars. You can test this... you'll need a woman though.

;)

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Menken via P. Mouse

Eva said:
What john is trying to say is that, given the hard times that we are living in economical terms, if you want to have enough money to go to strip clubs and fed dollars to the dancers (and later go to worse places to pay for doing worse things), you have to be open minded...
It's the "old boy" school of cameraderie.

It is used to avoid conversations of any emotional meaning. God forbid..

Eva said:
For example, you can manufacture $30 audiophile fuses and persuade a bunch of audiofools to expend their money in fuses rather than girls...

Or, take a "name" out clubbing, show em a good time, and they'll hawk your wares for them.

Eva said:
BTW: I hate those male attitudes...

I like yours.

Cheers, John

john curl said:
jneutron, you don't know what you are talking about.
Yah, yah, yah.. You always say that, but you provide no proof.

john curl said:
We each paid our own way. I was only trying to imply that he was a 'regular guy' who seemed to be OK, professional, and open minded.

Your description of "goin to strip clubs" does not strike me as professional. Nor, does it imply the term "regular guy". Just a coupla guys who are content to ogle women dancers to the exclusion of more mature entertainment.

You could have said, "he's a regular guy".

john curl said:
I regret that I added that relatively useless topic to this discussion.

You should. It did not belong here, and yes it was relatively useless. I guess you should be apologizing to the women here. Eva's reaction was the correct one.

What were the fuses for. Service panel, amp input?..

Cheers, John

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi John,
I've seen these fuses commented on before. You did bring them up, so I am interested in your observations coupled with the conditions the fuses were tested in.

I am keeping an open mind and not demanding proof. Just curious.

So, have you tried them? What are your thoughts on this?

-Chris

Does anybody know what is this? ;)

Attachments

• fuse.gif
    fuse.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 208
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.