CSS FR125 vs. WR125 - any opinions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm either too poor (or frugal :) ) to afford a pair of Jordans JX92s but the recent offerings from CSS offer some hope.

Since I already have a pair of linaeum dipole tweeters running occasional duty in a variety of projects, I'm wondering about the possibility of using a WR125 run full range and gently rolling in the tweeter above 10 - 12 K via a first order filter.

1. Any opinions on that, or would the WR needed to be rolled off via an inductor etc ? I've seen a couple of posts on this group about bad luck running the WR driver in a TM configuration

2. High frequency apart, is there much difference between the sound of the FR and the WR drivers?

3. I love full range drivers, but a slight weakness I notice in many of them is usually the lack of "sparkle" on the top end, .. does the FR driver suffer from this?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.