CSR8675 programming guide w. software and tons of CSR info

@manish12 which 51xx? It is different for different chips. You can find MDE+ADK for the 512x series in one of the google drive/drop box links on this thread. There is probably also ADK Toolkit version compatible with 514x series here. I'm not sure about chips newer than that. They are definitely around if you search hard enough, but might not be in this thread, at least not yet.

Hello everyone!
tell me how to solve the problem, I purchased the modules F3188(CSR8645) and RRD305(QCC3005), made printed circuit boards for them, also purchased a CSR USB SPI programmer. The main task is to make modules in the Slave I2S mode. The problem is that when reading the module by the programmer, an error Error Detecting Chip Type (Read Failed on USB-SPI) appears. The printed circuit board was made according to the documentation that the seller sent. Tell me what else can I try? I also heard that manufacturers can block the SPI_PCM pin.

Hi! the problem was in the version of the program, I installed a lower version and everything worked, only a new problem appeared. As soon as I change the output from DAC to I2S, the module freezes. I tried changing other settings, everything is fine. Could the Chinese have removed I2S from the firmware? There is also an IDE bundled with programs, I looked there is a project for QCC3005, can I try to build my own firmware?

Hello,
I am trying to reprogram some CSR modules in such a way that AptX-LL will be prioritized over other codecs, or used as the only codec and as a bonus I would also like to adjust the EQ.

I have CSR USB-SPI programmer and I downloaded the software, however I'm having some problems.

There was no sucess at all with two modules: CSR8670 and CSR8675. BlueFlash or PSTool displays message "Error detecting chip type ()". BlueModify displays "Failed to stop chip". I think the connection between programmer and the module is fine, because if I remove the power from the module, I get "Read failed on USB-SPI" instead. But I'm not able to read anything. Is it possible to do something about that?

I was mostly successful with CSRA64215 module, dumping and programming works. However, I'm not able to program the EQ as I don't have the correct version of ADK. I get error "The algorithm connected to USB SPI (700174) identifies itself as E00A @ 44100 Hz, for which there is no available support." in UniversalFrontEnd.
Looks like i would need to use ADK version 2.4.1641, is it available anywhere, or can I bypass this error anyhow?

I am trying to reprogram some CSR modules in such a way that AptX-LL will be prioritized over other codecs
Are your modules set for receiving or transmit? If it is a receiving device, then this will not work. The device with the music source makes the decision on the codec to use, so it can only be configured on the transmitting side.

BlueFlash or PSTool displays message "Error detecting chip type ()".
Your chips are locked. Get the BlueSuite installation if you don't have it already and use the "spiunlock.exe" tool through command prompt. The entire chip will have to be erased and you will have to burn a new firmware afterwards. Use the following command:
Code:
spiunlock.exe erase
It may take several attempts for this to work (you will likely get 'Error detecting chip type (Read failed on USB-SPI)' many times). I had to fight one chip for maybe 50 attempts before it finally erased.

Looks like i would need to use ADK version 2.4.1641
This is your only option to fix that error. Look back in the previous posts of this thread, there are many google drive and dropbox links that might have what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Are your modules set for receiving or transmit?

CSR8675 is both receiving and transmitting, but I set it to transmit mode, it gets optical audio from my TV. It is a Vikefon device with two antennas. It has all possible codecs including APTX HD, and when I connect a receiver which supports both LL and HD it defaults to HD, giving larger latency. I would like to remove APTX HD from the transmitter, but if it is so complicated I guess i will give up. This transmitter has a lot of LEDs and bunch of buttons and switches, wouldn't functions provided by these break if I would upload new firmware?

Regarding ADK 2.4.1641: unfortunately i didn't find this specific version anywhere, ADK 2.5 is the closest one but it doesn't work. If anyone could share 2.4.1641 it would be great. That would allow me to set equalizer in a receiver which fortunately has APTX-LL working out of the box and setting up EQ would make it slightly better.

Hi,

I'm trying to do some basic modifications on a QCC5125, rename device and set some EQ params. First I tried with GAIA android app, but I couldn't set a new device name(doesn't set the new name).
I got ADK 6.4.2.26 working: in ADK Configurator I can read the module, set parameters, etc. but If I understand correctly, the name can be changed with QCC Tool or PSTool.
The problem is that I tried a few BlueSuite versions (2.5,2.6, 3.3) and QCC Tool(1.03,1.7) the device driver shows the module has the right drivers, but both software can't see the module(however I didn't find PSTool, so couldn't try that)
Which version should I use or what would be the correct way to install the drivers and apps to make it work?
I already read through a few topic about this, saw some user struggle with the same problem but didn't find a solution to that.

da_qcc3024_vfbga_pindiag_01.png
da_qcc3024_vfbga_pindiag_02.png

@Cfrisella here you go. Is this what you were looking for?

I’ve been told the sidetone option on the QCC 3024 is only enabled for use on phone calls. The last radio we used was based on the CSR8670 and the sidetone worked on Bluetooth connects. These are motocycle radios used for skydiving and the sidetone comes in very handy. Testing the new radio with the QCC3024 because it has Mesh but I hate to give up sidetone.

From what I remember sidetone was a feature for telephone calls in the CSR8670 as well. And speaking even more generally that feature should be enabled when the chip is working using headset profile (allows both sending and receiving audio between chip and bluetooth device, I'm assuming that's what you are referring to by Bluetooth connects). If 3024 works the same way then side tone feature should be available while its using HFP as well. But its been a long time and I don't remember all the details so don't just take my words for it

Well, good luck with that. Use C://qtil/ADK_QCC512X_QCC302X_WIN_6.4.2.26/tools/bin/voice_prompt_tool.exe for creating prompts and replace original ones in apps/applications/sink/sink_prompts/. After that rebuild firmware and flash it.

Good morning everyone, I am truly desperate, I have followed all the instructions in the application note (80-CF084-1) and other documents regarding the voice prompts, but I cannot change the voice prompts on the 3024 chip. It's draining my life away!
Once I delete all the voice prompts (via reset on the configtool), I create the new ones via config tool (i take voice prompt from ADK_QCC512X_QCC302X_WIN_6.4.2.26\tools\SampleAudioPrompts\8kHz_16bit), perform the "write device" through config tool.
Then I go to place the new prompts in apps\applications\sink\sink_prompts\headset, I buil d and run the software MDE, but when I try to play the audio prompt, the WM goes into Panic?
I have also tried to delete HEADERS, PROMPT and AUDIO_PROMPT_CONFIG.CSR in apps\applications\sink\qcc512x_qcc302x\customer_ro_filesystem but still the problem.
Have any of you experienced a similar issue?
How can I resolve it?
Thank you for your concern.

Issues connecting to QCC3008 TWS, Do I need to do some kind of erase and reflash the boards with an alternate .psr?

I have a working .PSR file from an initial test board which sadly stopped working after I unsoldered header pins. I ordered 4 more boards from a different source and I cannot connect to them.

I'm really stuck with these now because I have built 10 custom PCBs for a project and of course now I can't change the Bluetooth module footprint! :(

I have tried every combination below and received different errors. I'm really stuck on this and appreciate any advice! Thx

SPI_EN Pin:
  1. 1.8v from CSR USB-SPI to Enable Pin
  2. 3v3(+resistor) 1K, 10K and 22K Ohm resistors to the enable pin does not give any other results
ADK/PSTOOL Versions
  1. ADK_CSR867x.WIN4.2
  2. ADK_CSR867x.WIN4.3.1.5
  3. ADK_QCC300x.WIN.1.0.167
  4. ADK_QCC300x.WIN1.0
  5. ADK_QCC512X_QCC302X_WIN_6.4.2.26
PSTools Errors:
  1. Error detecting chip type (Read failed on USB-SPI)
  2. application was unable to find a look-up table on the chip
  3. SPI communications failed. Failed to stabilize reads after disabling Shallow Sleep.
  4. partial connection? data is listed but I cannot change any settings. "Friendly Name" does not appear in the list either. Trying to reconnect gives "Verified Read Failed" error
ADK Errors:
  1. AHI_ERROR_TRANSPORT_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT