• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Crystal RCA Caps (Tweak)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they measure anything or it was just opinion based?
Mostly opinion based, there are some theorys floating around "why" the caps work, but for many people its clear that the turmalin chinch caps do something, either you test it or let it be...

Define "change positively"
well it sounds better with than without

Agree on that: mathematically 0=0
1 (listening expression) + 1 (theory about why tourmaline caps work) = 2 ;)

Quoting 6 moons with no further proof almost guaranteed snake oil content.
They post nothing but.
You are free to believe that

the funny thing about all this "esoteric stuff"

1. tourmaline (and all other piezoelectric crystals) producing negative ions
2. tourmaline (and all other piezoelectric crystals) producing vibrations (from absorbing electricity)
2. tourmaline (and all the other pyroelectric crystals) producing heat (from absorbing electricity)

are scientific facts, so calling this out complete BS is BS on another level, you guys just dont know either 1. the actual facts 2. or simply wont wanna accept that "stones" can have anything todo with a perceived audible change

Some more background info, how much of a thing this is... take a look at the marketing material from furutech

https://www.furutech.com/technology/

"NCF features a special crystalline material that has two ‘active’ properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far infrared (HEAT)."

"Furutech achieved this by combining these crystals with nano-sized ceramic particles and carbon powder to create a piezoelectric effect, which results in even better damping properties."

They also use piezoelectric ceramics, not just crystals, which are widely used in the industry.... solar panels and other stuff

Some people throw their opinion around as actual facts.... please let other have another opinion...

once im done with my mix im even eager to give a 14 day money back gurantee when you send the caps back (at your own cost tho..)
i dont try to just sell something... i wanna find something that works for me and might work for others too :) when you are open minded i can just advice to give it a shot... thats why i wanna share this, its a nice audio tweak (relatively cheap tbh, unless you look at some "snake oil offerings") that many are not aware off, and some sell this "technology" for a huge upmarket...

Where would I connect your plugs to my stereo and what's the idea behind?.
each free rca port should work to varying degree, you can also use something like a bnc to rca adapter

personally i noticed that the effect is much stronger on my active speakers, maybe because of additionally vibrations is my guess but its worth it to test them on some locations, there are no possible negatives with the "only ground used" design imo, either you hear the crystal effect or it does nothing

Personally i noticed that the effect is much stronger on my active speakers,
You claim you noticed something.
Your word/imagination only.

Anything which causes an audible change will also cause a measurable change in Audio signal.
For the simple reason that modern Lab instruments are way more sensitive than any Human sense.

In the old days Hippocrates detected diabetes by tasting patient's urine, go figure.
Today I prick my finger and use a glucometer, which gives me a 1% precision result.
Not even comparable.

"It sounds better" without any proof counts, at best, to Hippocrates test.

As in it's very hard to detect difference between 0.1% and 0.2% distortion (if at all possible) while it's easy to measure that.

Same way as it's very difficult to detect 1 dB loss st 20kHz while it's easy to measure it.
1000 other examples like that.

So IF your wonder rocks do anything, simply connect a generator to a load using them, sweep 20Hz to 20kHz and show us the curves.

Much better than preaching standing on a soapbox at Hyde Park corner
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soapbox

maybe because of additionally vibrations is my guess
You have no clue and are throwing random "explanations" pulled out of the blue.

but its worth it to test them on some locations,
Testing as in measuring?
Please do it.
either you hear the crystal effect or it does nothing
Even better, measure and post results.

My guess? No "crystal effect" whatsoever, beyond suggestion and illusion that is, but let measurements do the talking.

Your endless preaching offers nothing solid and entertainment value has worn thin by now.

Reactions: 1 users
are scientific facts, so calling this out complete BS is BS on another level, you guys just dont know either 1. the actual facts 2. or simply wont wanna accept that "stones" can have anything todo with a perceived audible change

Nobody is disputing the scientific fact that certain minerals, crystals and gemstones have piezoelectric and pyroelectric properties.

What we are disputing is surrounding or connecting in some way an audio device with rocks, stones, pebbles, powders, crystals, gemstones and variations of other "Earthly" materials and believe this will have any effect on the electronics.

It is complete nonsense, backed by zero evidence. To include marketing material from snake oil merchants as an authoritative scientific reference and presenting this as fact is laughable.

You can get the same euphoric effects listening to music whilst having a bubble bath.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.