• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Crosstalk between Triodes in Dual Triode Tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Air is a fairly linear dielectric; vacuum is a very linear dielectric.

The first trace linked from post 26 does not show distortion but some interference. Note that the shape varies from cycle to cycle; distortion would be the same for every cycle. Stray capacitance is a high pass filter, so any distortion already present will be emphasised but no new distortion created.

I can't see any distortion in post 40.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Thanks for your clarification of distortion periodicity vs. interference, DF. My curiosity about this has almost relented, but Post # 40 seems to show something of a periodic tilting-asymmetry in the 1 kHz crosstalk signal in trace #1 and trace #2.

I cannot remember the limits of distortion visibility of scope traces...seems my brain thinks that roughly less than 0.5% is not discernible from noise?

Here is a partial completion photo of my first tube amp; a simple UL power amp. Thanks to your clarifications, my brain can rest, knowing the LTP phase-splitter will not be corrupting itself with crosstalk distortion...

David

Attachments

• IMG_2153[1].jpg
    IMG_2153[1].jpg
    494 KB · Views: 105
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.