Crossover questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use this calculator ZOBEL Filters for CROSSOVER Networks
and i have 2 zobels (1 for tweeter 1 for woofer ) using the data sheet from focal . Do this change the design ? it is also from a calculator

also is my idea or the woofer already have a zobel network on your design ?

i also want to the picture design + 2 zobels but afraid i am going to damage my focals :( you know trying for the best :D
You can do what ever you want, it's your system.:cool::sorry::)

Just in case anyone else need it the datasheet from focal and yes it has a ready zobel for us :)
Not to let you down, but I don't know why you are so thrilled about the Zobels. :tongue::ill::hypno1::t_ache:
The TN45 is a 4,5Ohm and the TN47 is a 6,9Ohm, but the xover I designed works well with both (adjust). Now, with this tweeter (look at Fs=2K4) you need to be careful not to cross it lower than the 4Ks. You adjust intensity with the Lpad attenuation R1/R2.:cool:
Your xover has a (few) big mistake(?), note the inversion of the phase of the drivers, on the xover I showed you first.:wiz:

Last edited:
I just saw the inversion why you do this ? can you explain me plz .

you know is not only to make my crossover is to understood what the parts do so then after i hear it i can do some corrections :) .

does it have to do with the fact that it is a car loudspeakers and i am going to have the tweter in the dash and the woofer at door to make some "delay" to hear them like they are together ?

Also i am not thriled i read this stuff and :D http://sound.westhost.com/lr-passive.htm#intro everything became more complicated

I just saw the inversion why you do this ? can you explain me plz .

you know is not only to make my crossover is to understood what the parts do so then after i hear it i can do some corrections :) .

does it have to do with the fact that it is a car loudspeakers and i am going to have the tweter in the dash and the woofer at door to make some "delay" to hear them like they are together ?

Also i am not thriled i read this stuff and :D Passive Crossover Network Design everything became more complicated
In a car, I would not bother with such small details. I would use them (drivers) together, doh.
In a xover 2.order phase is shifted 180º like in pic.1. So you need to change phase in one of the drivers to have same phase like in pic.2 at xover frequency ~4KHz.

Attachments

• Crossover questions180.gif
    Crossover questions180.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Crossover questions0.gif
    Crossover questions0.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Last question (hoping) can you post the crossover calculated with 4 ohm and not 8 ohms tweeter :)

Also is this attenuation L-Pad that i saw in tweeter ? how mutch dp is it drops and how i can change it cause i prefer that than use eq +

Thanks again for your time
No and Yes. Sorry, I didn't use real data from drivers for the xover, it's just a simulation. So if you use 6 Ohm for both you will be very close at xover frequency ~4KHz, difference being about <2 Ohm for each (tweeter) in this case (it's not going to make any difference in components), adjusting it after being more important.
Second, the L-pad is about 3dB atten. for the tweeter, as I said before, for ~6 Ohm at =>4KHz freq. for flat response with R1/R2 that you see, you can use the online calculator in this case.
Ask as many questions as you need, but please read my answers well before asking.

Note: You can use more attenuation (less tweeter output) or less attenuation (more tweeter output), but you will only know what is best, after testing. Also as I said, you need to check (adjust) your mids first (and woofer LF), HOW? I said before, that, you have to test if it is the right inductor on woofer, and just then go adjust level on tweeter...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.