crossover question for a sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bW3Xq41.png

9c1hQ9A.jpg

So I add metal with the arc welder, my welder seems to like the max setting and nothing else, so I weld everything at 170 amps 230v. I'm using 3mm steel and 3.5mm electrodes.

My normal way to ago about this is to add weld and then grind back, see where it needs more metal and then add weld, then grind back, repeat until I'm happy.

qd5egFD.png

It works well but its an active pursuit. Swallows days quite easily.

Cheers Rick. I get a lot of cuts by virtue of doing so much steelwork, will look into vityamin E, must check when was the last time I got a tetnis shot.

More work today, (I'm on vacation) hopefully will finish. My cat has taken to using it as a perch.

u3su1pB.png

Last edited:
It's finished, mostly.

Some wiring to be tidied up and routed properly but generally it works, and is loud.

Before paint, looking all shiney

kAoBdae.png

During paint. I had no plan whatsoever regarding paint, other than to enjoy the process.

XXmeiRO.png

46pGyik.png

boHJqvk.png

J2VPYx2.png

have yet to figure out a handle for it. I'm thinking a drawer slide might work, but for the moment, I'm done.
Thanks to all for humoring me, and wishing you all continued success.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.