Crossfeed for HD600

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks for the links Patrick very helpfull, I'm still not sure what way to choose for EQ: passive or digital, I like the sound at 100Hz, I can't calculate the zobel because I don't know the voice coil inductance Le.

With the xfeed I'm looking for a more centered sound but the schematics used don't like the sound. What do you think is the best for HD600?

Congrats for you very nice headphone amp:)

I looked at building a crossfeed add-on board for one of my amp designs a year or two ago. Looking into it through there were several software crossfeed plug-ins for popular audio players that seemed to be highly rated, so I never bothered. At least one of those was for-pay commercial software too, as I recall, and rather pricey.

Software doesn't help much though if the source is a turntable or or non-PC gizmo! :)

Dr Meier did that original post on Headwize way back when (the excerpts in your second link in post #2). Since then it looks like he formed Meier audio, a commerical company, if I have the history right. Here is his crossfeed page:

Meier Audio

EUVL has a good point. Crossfeed may be best done on the source end of things (that is where I was going to put it) so a low Z output headphone amp can drive the headphones directly.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Started with this attached schematic.

I'm hearing better the headphones, the sound is more centered allowing to listen now more details before not listened for the stereo image.

I guess the schematic used is for medium crossfeed, time to experiment with more crossfed schematics.

Attachments

• WP_20160214_003[1].jpg
    WP_20160214_003[1].jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 158
  • meier2_3.gif
    meier2_3.gif
    2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.