Creative edge solutions for plywood

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you use baltic birch plywood, show it off. I did this on one of my guitar amps I built. The flat areas are anigre veneer. The finish is natural Watco danish oil with Minwax finishing wax after the oil has cured.

I finished assembling Fostex BK-12m, which is made of baltic birch plywood. I am looking for best way to finish these little beauties.
Is danish oil and finishing wax combo as robust as stain + polyurethane finish?

If you build the enclosures with full-length cleats to attach the panels then you can cut your panels the same width as your internal dimensions and use either quarter-round or cove moulding for the edges depending on your tastes. The quarter-round has the advantage of putting a radius on your edge without using a router. The full-length cleats will allow you the option of removable panels if you fasten them using screws. The cleats will also help somewhat with cabinet stiffening.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.