• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Cosmos APU a notch+LNA $70 to outperform APx555b for $30000

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Maybe a way to access the word clock and master clock to sync two units? Its pretty standard stuff on pro audio. It should not be difficult to do with the usual chip sets. USB is not a great way to sync multiple audio devices, its clocking is not audio related and the latency is not too closely controlled since its a serial format.

actually, I mark Cosmos ADC units on the bottom side like "THD+" or sometimes "THD++" when the unit exhibits a spectacular THD performance. Whatever is grade-A or grade-B, so, you could buy a very good THD performance unit for a minimal price. In the case of Cosmos APU, the distortions are anyhow lower than -150db@1kHz but you have to use some R/R divider to read >10Vrms.
Do you have Cosmos ADC THD++ on stock? Thanks

Joined 2007
Paid Member
@IVX: Just briefly to say thank you for a very fine device (Cosmos ADC) that has made my measurements much more reliable, repetitive and informative. I also like the small size & the ease of use: it basically plugs into the computer & doesn't need any fuzzing around with extra power supplies etc. ... Even installed without any hassles on my Win7 based measurement computer.

One (very) small suggestion: When I first read the "power it first" sentence close to one of the USB plugs I thought "ok, I have to plug it into the other USB plug first". Eventually I found out that this is not the case ... Might I suggest changing the sentence to: "power it here first" or something like that ...

Very satisfied.

Cheers, Jesper

@IVX: Just briefly to say thank you for a very fine device (Cosmos ADC) that has made my measurements much more reliable, repetitive and informative. I also like the small size & the ease of use: it basically plugs into the computer & doesn't need any fuzzing around with extra power supplies etc. ... Even installed without any hassles on my Win7 based measurement computer.

One (very) small suggestion: When I first read the "power it first" sentence close to one of the USB plugs I thought "ok, I have to plug it into the other USB plug first". Eventually I found out that this is not the case ... Might I suggest changing the sentence to: "power it here first" or something like that ...

Very satisfied.

Cheers, Jesper
well, something like 300+ ADCiso were sold and only one case I remember when the user had a short mess with the correct setting up.

I think you can find the answer here https://e1dashz.wixsite.com/index/cosmos
Thanks! :)

Oh sorry, I was talking about the ADC, for some reason I always mix the two up 🥴
For the APU, it only says;
Notch: balanced (FDA) up to 10Vrms(active clamp to 15Vpeak)

But it doesn't say anything about max DC blocking voltage.
Given that the APU can handle 48V phantom power, that will be probably a 63Vdc cap