Corks inside a cd player?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dear all,

First a question: Among those reacting on this subject, how many of you actually experimented with cork ?

Secondly, for those who can't measure things, don't put them aside with he argument "this is no engineering", because obviously, if you can hear it, there must be a way to measure it, but how is the issue, not if.

Oh, and before asking, yes, I use cork, and not only to close wine-bottles.

best regards

ash_dac said:
I couldn't make any sense of the reasoning for using corks through a website translator (German to English)

He doesn't mention the use of cork. Reasoning for using it isn't really necessary if your ears are ok and you are using an even better system, is it? If you can't hear the induced differences, don't blame it on your cork;)
BTW I never tried cork, but i did experiment with other (cheap) materials. Just try it...

groeten
Lourens

First a question: Among those reacting on this subject, how many of you actually experimented with cork ?

I used cork once, starting with some tweaking of gear, dampening of cabinet from a Kenwood cassette deck. Used wall decorating corksheets of 5 mm thick. So didn't take cork of chateau migraine.
No great improvement of sound.
But when i produced a new heavy flyweel on a lathe from massive brass instead of the standard thin pressed steel one, i heard a real improvement (less wow- flutter) Also new alignment of bias pots did a lot. Now is the cass. deck resting somewhere upstairs....

Hi all, I'd like to share my little experience.
Instead of damping all player, I damp only crystal. By de-solder crystal from PCB and re-connect to PCB with thiny and flexy wire.
This is to isolated the crytal from distrotion from PCB. However, I think, there still be some little distrotion via the connected wire.
So I reduce this distrotion by damp it with cotton wool, I wrapped it around the crystal. It easy and cheap. The result is good for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.