Contemporary Blues

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I’m not too active seeking new material.

I don’t know how long ago it was...maybe a few years...was listening to a Pandora station I molded to play some of my favorite blues artists and they played a live version of Deja VooDoo by Kenny Wayne Shepard.

A real pleasant surprise for me...but I’m kind of a recluse. He’s had success over the past few decades and maybe you all heard of him long ago.

I’ve always been a fan of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonamassa on the rock side of things.

I recently had an opportunity to see Shepard locally...unfortunately something got in the way.

Intro on this video drags out...don’t think it’s the same recording.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - "Deja Voodoo" Live '96 - YouTube

Matt I’m not sure why....which other one didn’t work?
Do you think it’s maybe only available on YT premium and can’t be viewed unless you also have it?

Yes originality is hard to find and the ‘feel’ is something I also look for, if the artist doesn’t feel connected to the music it shows. An example for me would be the aynsley lister feller that sig posted above.....he just doesn’t seem part of the music to me.
A good tell is how funny of a face they make while playing! :D

This one This Thing - YouTube It says "This video is not available" I've seen "not available in your country" before.

The feel is very important, it's like a lot of contemporary jazz, I call it jazz by numbers, doesn't move me, far to slick and predictable, I like to be surprised, taken on a journey where I don't know what's round the corner. I'm easily bored musically I guess.

Last edited: