Computer games

I am completely useless at console gaming.
The Controller isn't good for everything IMO.
Can even get racing games like Forza on PC now.
The only argument for getting a console would be cost. But the games can be more expensive on consoles and also expansion of the storage capacity is much more costly and limited.
I am on Gran Turismo Sport and love it.

As for games, I only buy during heavy discounts or second-hand near my place. Hardly ever pay more than $15 (CAD). I don't care about being first to play a game, so many games I have are 3 or more years old.

I got The Witcher 3, God Of War, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero West, Red Dead Redemption 2 like that, and several others.

Some of the audio in games is fantastic, including the music. And I like how some games let you pick how much dynamics you want and also adjust your listening for phones (some of the 3D stuff is very good), stereo or 5.1. Things I would love to see with music releases. These are PS4 games.

Centipede was one of my favourites on arcades, with Defender and Asteroids, Xevious.

On my Atari 2600, I had Pole Position, Pac-Man, and Space Invaders, maybe a few others.

This has all the ones you mentioned plus many more, all of the classics you must check it , the secondary app is free antstream arcade. if you play games at all its worth checking out https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/

As I was saying centipede has an updated late version. I can't seem to lock on to games like I used to though. Its best for laser focus when needed.

baby steps first...

I need to find my game pad, you can't have pinball without a gamepad..

Attachments

• 20220401_211027.jpg
    20220401_211027.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220401_203939.jpg
    20220401_203939.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 66
I used to enjoy playing Gran Turismo with my son. By the way, he turned out to be a good driver :)
When I started driving as a teenager, my parents were suprised how easily I drove the family car the first time. I actually had learned to drive in 'Test Drive' :D

Last November, Max Verstappen, Yuki Tsunoda and Checo did their own best laps in GT Sport, so you can try to beat them on the same track and the same cars.

There's also a DLC for GT Sport where you have Hamilton's best laps and their is challenge to beat him in all the tracks.

During lockdown, Ocon was seen online playing GT Sport too.

Been a fan since GT 2 on PS 1 or something like that.

This has all the ones you mentioned plus many more, all of the classics you must check it , the secondary app is free antstream arcade. if you play games at all its worth checking out
I don't play a lot these days, did some poker again recently and got good results but I do have a couple of projects related to this:

one day, I'll build a full arcade box, complete with arcade buttons and arcade joystick. It will be multi-game of course, probably using MAME and a Raspberry Pi or something.

I do have a gamepad for use with PCs, still have to try it, with say, Apex Legends.

I don't play a lot these days, did some poker again recently and got good results but I do have a couple of projects related to this:

one day, I'll build a full arcade box, complete with arcade buttons and arcade joystick. It will be multi-game of course, probably using MAME and a Raspberry Pi or something.

I do have a gamepad for use with PCs, still have to try it, with say, Apex Legends.

I don't play a lot either. I can't seem to get immersed in the games like I used to.

I got an NOS Dufferin cue right before the pandemic. Honestly Id probably enjoy one of these in my place more than video games. I almost got the go ahead. Sometimes its a very slow process.

Attachments

• pool-table.jpg
    pool-table.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 48
A few of these arcade games should bring back a few memories =)

Imagine they used to cost a whole quarter? The classics are all free at your disposal with the DL.

I have to run another LAN. I have all kinds of power on all fronts but games lag. It's super annoying when it puts you a man down.

Attachments

• 20220406_105104.jpg
    20220406_105104.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220406_105128.jpg
    20220406_105128.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220406_105138.jpg
    20220406_105138.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 57
For sure: Galaga, Space Invaders, Bubble Bobble, Kick Off, etc...! A lot of time was spent playing K.O. 2 two-player.

I really liked the Ninja Gaiden series on PS3 as well. They hold their own even today.

Galaga PacMan Centipede DigDug SuperSrint Mortal Combat. Good games with nowhere near the complexities of today. I need a phone book sized manual to play some of them.

Sega made some good games for they're consoles, Sonic can get addictive.

I can't seem to get involved with video games of any kind lately.

Always loved Dig Dug, old graphics and all. My thoughts too: we get all the graphics and size and complexity of today's games, yet many aren't as much fun as the oldies.

Only ones I play from time to time nowadays: Apex Legends, Witcher III, Gran Turismo Sport, Poker.

I have a set of really good games that I haven't played much. These will fill up time while waiting for the PS5 to become available for real :D

I'm in no hurry.

Finding a Bomberman for 2 players would be cool too.

We also got Overcooked, and it's hilarious how worked up we can become, blaming each other (when we're not like that at all IRL). Highly recommended.

Reactions: 1 user
Tekkon and Street Fighter.

This pinball is more up to my speed, and no one asks me to make purchases online.

Besides the toy budget is already spent on bigger better badder things.

Attachments

• 20220410_103451.jpg
    20220410_103451.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220410_102748.jpg
    20220410_102748.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 48