• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Components group buy for Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Post 5: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1205361#post1205361

ex007 said:
I'v been quit busy for a couple of days so I have not had time to do much. I aim to buy smaler and simpler parts in this group buy, resistors and perhaps ceramic and foil capacitors, depending of intrest.

I need atleast 35 partisepents to get the price optimaly low and can do maximum 40 packages.

All resistors for one board cost about 35 SEK + shiping and paypalfees.
The resistors is metalfilm type, 1%.

I would like you to include additionally the relays and terminal blocks (at least). The parts you mention here are not really that expensive, and I don't expect there to be much cost advantage gained from buying just these. For me, my interest in this GB is all about convenience: it takes quite an effort to go and buy all those parts. So the saving on the cost of the parts might to some extent offset shipping costs.

It would help a lot if you could clarify your intentions as some (including myself) have expressed a desire for various parts to be included. I don't mean to be ungrateful; I appreciate the immense favour you are doing by arranging this GB.

Edit (premature submission):

And I know that you are busy, so no pressure intended. I just want to know whether you are going to explore offering a more complete set of parts.

I'v added a lot of components for the group buy with prices for indvdual category, all prices are calculated for 40 sets, and I should be able to cover all preliminary sets until now.
See group buy wiki

I'v been looking at diferent relays and they are quit expensive sins I'm not exactly sure of the footings I'v not listed them in the group buy. For two relays of 12V 16 A the price would becom 47 SEK.

Any additional postage costs I see as a reasonable premium to pay for not having to put together an order from (likely) several suppliers (to whom postage and handling fees would have to be paid anyway); therefore, I am interested in four sets of as many components as the group buy can include. :D

Regards.

Aengus

Now I'v done the math and the final price are 170 sek for one set, not including shiping and paypal fees.

Check out the shiping costs for this at peranders wiki page for the PCB group buy for shiping fee. I'll update the Wikipage during tomorow.

I'v investigated the possibility to include the relays but in this small volumes the price don't differ that much and they would increse the shiping cost.
The Wago connectors are not available for me at my local stores so I excluded them.

Sorry ex007, I forgot I was already in the wiki from the first day, I have edited the wiki and taken the second occurance of my name off. Sorry.

If you are able to include the relays I would be interested even if it increases the shipping costs.

Does anyone know of a good place for people in the United States to get the WAGO connectors of the Heatsinks?

ex007 will you send out PAYPAL bills when you are ready to start taking money?

Thanks!

Claiborne, thanks for bringing that up. I should have said in my earlier post - I too would be interested in bundling the relays even if postage costs increase. As I did say somewhere back in this thread, I'm going to have to pay P&P on separate orders anyway.

EX007, I don't know how the math works out, but if you are going to (a) put together the order, (b) receive the parts in bulk and part them out, and (c) package and mail them to everyone - then I sure hope that you are charging enough to at least get your components "free" - since the labour you'll be doing will come to at least a couple of hundred kroner.

Does anyone not agree with this? :cannotbe:

Regards.

Aengus

Hi EX007

I've been checking on the availability of the parts listed as "not included" in the Wiki and it seems as if the connectors MLW20G and WAGO256 are pretty obscure here in North America - it would be great if you could include them.

Same also applices to the Elyt Snap-in caps, but I haven't gone looking for a substitute as yet - may be easy enough to find (if anyone has checked on this, please let us know what you've found).

And, if you're omitting the relays only to save postage costs, I vote for including them.

Just my 2 öre ;)

Regards.

Aengus

I'v excluded the Wago Connectors becaus they are hard to find for a private person. Farnell.se seams to have th Wago connectors but you need to be a bussiness to order from them, I can include them if I can get help with the order.

The 16 A relays cost 42,50 each and if I can get up to 10 or over 25 we get a price cut. But the second relay I'm not entirely sure about but count for about 40 SEK for that too.

So a full set would bee about 170 + 40*3 = 290 not including shiping fees.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.