Components-forms do affect signal, sound? A response offer:

Not this again.
1678891983346.png

Consider the following things which this 'discussion' made me think of:

1. What is the "Sound" of a clipped-leads TO-3 hitting the bottom of the garbage can?

2. " 'Grounds' are Commonly Misunderstood."

3. Farmer Brown's cows are Outstanding in their Fields.

4. Better living through General Electric.

Isn't the study of Physics Wonderful?

Have Fun!

;-)

"1. What is the "Sound" of a clipped-leads TO-3 hitting the bottom of the garbage can?"

I once tested a lot of germanium transistors in TO3 packages: a very high diversity in terms of materials and build quality. The sound of these transistors was about the same as the sound when knocked, e.g. by a screwdriver.
Have you got the scent;-)

;-)

"1. What is the "Sound" of a clipped-leads TO-3 hitting the bottom of the garbage can?"

I once tested a lot of germanium transistors in TO3 packages: a very high diversity in terms of materials and build quality. The sound of these transistors was about the same as the sound when knocked, e.g. by a screwdriver.
Have you got the scent;-)
Microphonic TUBES were also considered a flaw/design limitation.

1. I don’t know what that sounds like. I still have some 20 TO-3 pulls whose leads are too short to do anything with, and have just sat in “C” stock for decades thinking I may do something with them eventually. BTW, they are silicon.

2. IDK - I just put in the two required ground rods at my meter base and the power company didn’t have any heartache over anything so I guess I understand well enough

3. My wife’s horse Missy is also outstanding in her field - waiting on breakfast

4. And always remember that Philips isn't worth a $###.

PS. GE isn’t much better these days, but then again almost nothing is. Isn’t technology wonderful?😀

wg_ski,

I had a customer who was making measurements on a very fast rise, very high current pulse.
There was a very large diameter 6 foot tall "ground return" pole for the pulse current.
The customer noted that from the bottom of the pole to one foot up from there, the voltage across that "ground conductor" was a pulse of about 100 Volts.

That is just one example in defense of my quote: "Grounds are Commonly Misunderstood".

Donate one of your short leaded TO-3 pulls.
Drop it into an empty metal trash can, and you might enjoy the sound that it makes.
Hmm, a new musical instrument based on the Caribbean steel drum bands.

Last edited:
1. I don’t know what that sounds like. I still have some 20 TO-3 pulls whose leads are too short to do anything with, and have just sat in “C” stock for decades thinking I may do something with them eventually. BTW, they are silicon.
If they were germanium?
I have a Zenith radio in my room...
Quite useless, since I don't like the sound and my father, who ows it, is deaf♪♪

It sounds muffy, mushi..
It's a beautiful piece of design, black satinated plastic in the front cover

About my father and his ear-aids, It must be a real hell to (try to) hear 'electronic noize '.
Just to Say, he prefers to Watch movies in original language and read the subtitles because the cinehall is boomy

Halton Arp, he of the 'redshift controversy
Actually there are objects about that don't fit in with the theory but since some one's funding was withdrawn years ago now I doubt if anyone is doing the same thing. One oddity about the bloke is that originally he was one of Hubble's brightest students,

I did have a keen interest in astronomy prior to changes in street lights so did read a fair amount of the press.

They will be looking for audio matter next :ROFLMAO: strange may figure too
:ROFLMAO: