compare with aleph j and f5 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built my Aleph J a few months ago, and love listening to it. I gave it a dual-mono PSU, using Antek AS-3220 transformers and Prasi's CRCRC boards with LVB2650 bridge rectifiers. It's biased at 1.8 Amps per rail, about +/– 25V. Really wonderful amp that seems to keep revealing new things about some of my favorite recordings.
My F6 is still somewhat a work in progress, but I'm just doing some final tweaks and letting the amp settle in. It's also dual-mono, but with AS-3222 transformers and a pair of SLB power supplies using the LT4320 ideal rectifiers and a CFP based ripple eater. Bias is currently running at 1.64 Amps at +/– 26.4V. There are some other significant modifications, including FQH44N10 Mosfets, and a diamond input stage inspired by the M2x Austin. It also sounds wonderful, and is in some ways more revealing of instrumental textures than my Aleph J. I am working to improve the foundational solidity of the F6 bass performance, as the Aleph J has.

So both amplifiers excel in slightly different ways, which will certainly depend on your ears and the rest of your system. The Aleph J is probably the easiest to build as stock. I'm cheating quite a bit with the F6...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.