Class D Amp Photo Gallery

144kw class-d "amp"

Ok it's not really an audio amplifier but it is an amplifier. I have injected audio into the feedback loop and it did play quite nicely. :D

Attachments

• diodes 006 (Large).jpg
    diodes 006 (Large).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,263
  • Picture 008 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 008 (Medium).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 3,231
Thanks. So the black plastic/rubber around the edge is removeable?

1455T1601.jpg

Yup, the plastic black bezel is rigid and removable. I was almost a bit tempted to leave it on, but it doesn't really do anything for the looks, and doesn't really offer any real protection to the case, except to maybe the corners.

Fair warning: the brushed aluminium finish on this housing seems somewhat fragile and prone to scuffing, though it's certainly more durable than any high-gloss finish. Also, mine came with a few minor defects on the flats that I noticed only after I took off the shrink wrap; I'm not sure if this was due to shelf wear, shipping, or was present from the factory, but if you're interested in one, it certainly won't hurt to carefully examine it before buying.

Hello,

here are some of mine... :D
Regards

Oliver

Attachments

• ta8.jpg
    ta8.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 898
  • PICT0001 (2).JPG
    PICT0001 (2).JPG
    365.8 KB · Views: 1,018
  • SDC10568.JPG
    SDC10568.JPG
    942.2 KB · Views: 752
  • e6.jpg
    e6.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 933
  • Katja (11).JPG
    Katja (11).JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,029
  • E1.jpg
    E1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 995
  • E2.jpg
    E2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 912
  • E5.jpg
    E5.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 912
  • Helder (2).JPG
    Helder (2).JPG
    102 KB · Views: 934
  • e3 (3).JPG
    e3 (3).JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,086
Hello bokchoi,

most of my parts i buy from ebay or audiophonics in france.
Is it permitted to post links from dealers here in forum?
Regards

Oliver

As far as I know :confused: links are OK and helpful. Links to eBay auctions time out sometime after listing end, but it is more useful to post the name of the eBay seller. For example, seller wonderco_buy in Taipei, Taiwan has some great cases for these projects.

BTW, those are some true beauties you built raising the DIY standard a bit.
Cheers.

Clear sound.Quick,well balanced,relaxing.I think they need a better power supply.Especially if used in bridged mode 500 wrms/module .
I haven't tested them with Hypex or Tripath,so I can't tell.
I hope with the new power supply(SMPS) will perform even better .
I will post ASAP.

My first Class D builds..

Some pictures of my first attempts at building Class D amps.

First is a Hypex Ucd400HXR, with Hypex SMPS 400/67.

Second is a Tripath 2022 from auspicious.e, with 2x24V 350VA, and 11,5V 50VA transformers for supply.

I actually have two of each of these, 2 hypexes and 2 Tripath 2022, where one is bridged, with 2x18V for supply.

These are not finished, waiting for wood cabinets to slide into, and some other finishing touches.

Picture quality isn't great, but youll get the idea.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.