Class D Amp Photo Gallery

TPA 3116 sitting on top of its linear regulated PS.

P5080006.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
In the midst of all these beauties... from Italy a cheap bastard (recycling an old digital decoder) filled with sandbags hosts a hypex nc252mp. In Italy we say that every child is beautiful to his mother. Have a good day happy and proud diy

IMG_20231120_170845.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
1702116002773.png

Customer said that he placed a fan on the SMPS since the SMPS is shutting down due to overheating, even on idle.
So, we've purchased another SMPS and swapped out the overheating green SMPS on the pic.

Now we have a defective smps lying around so we will fix it with our spare time.
The problem is that the power mosfets are overheating so there must be a problem with the control signals.
First, we've tried to replace the power mosfets with an easier to drive ones since we think that the controller circuit cannot drive it properly, The SMPS uses HR1000A controller. Once we replaced the power mosfets, the overheating problem went away, but the operating frequency has changed resulting to interference sound on the amplifier that it is powering. After we've replaced the RFmin and RFmax resistors, the SMPS now operates correctly. We've tried to load it with 800W and the DC output voltage didn't even drop a single volt. :)

1702116722629.png

1702116690168.png

1702116762707.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
İşte bas çalkalayıcı projem için bir araya getirdiğim bir tpa3250 anakartı.

Amazon'da 14 dolar olan ve 32v'ye ayarlanmış değiştirilmiş bir 36v 5amp smps kullanıyor.

Tek girişli ve ses ve frekans ayarlı iki aktif ön amplifikatöre sahip ikili bir monodur. Bu proje için ön yükselteçler yalnızca tek kaynaktır ve onlara ana kaynaktan düşürücü bir dönüştürücü ile güç verdim.

Bu panoyu başka bir proje için kullanacaktım ama bunu bas çalkalayıcılar için yapmaya karar verdim. Bunlar 4 ohm ve 50w olduğundan bu fazlasıyla yeterli olacaktır. Bir 3116 muhtemelen gayet iyi olurdu ama onlar 4 ohm, bu yüzden gerçekten çift 3116 çip isterdim ve bunu zaten almıştım...

IEC, smps kapasitörüne istediğimden biraz daha sıkı ama gerçekten kötü değil.

Smp'ler ve amfi arasına güç kaynağı kapağı eklemek için küçük bir yer bıraktım ama henüz yapmadım.

View attachment 1077937

View attachment 1077939

View attachment 1077938
Tda8954 tabanlı başka bir subwoofer üzerinde çalışıyorum ama yine de ondan pek memnun değilim. Bu daha büyük amplifikatör, çift beslemeli bir ön amplifikatör ve çift 36v smps kullanıyor.

Ve nihayet 5.1 surround ses projemi bitirmem gerekiyor. IR kontrollü bir preamp, bir dolby kod çözücü, 3 mono tpa3116 ve 1 stereo tpa3116 kartına sahiptir.
Kullandığınız tpa3250 hazır kartını da aldım. 2 parça. Ancak bağlantıları doğru yapmama rağmen çalışmadı. Kart üzerinde 1 adet LED bulunmaktadır. bunun için çabalamadım. Önerin nedir? teşekkürler

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is a tpa3250 board I put together for my bass shaker project.

It uses a modified 36v 5amp smps set to 32v which is $14 on amazon.

It is a dual mono with a single input and two active preamplifiers with volume and frequency adjustment. The preamplifiers for this project are single source only and I powered them from the main source with a step down converter.

I was going to use this board for another project but decided to make this one for bass shakers. Since these are 4 ohms and 50w this should be more than enough. A 3116 would probably be just fine but they are 4 ohms so I would really want a dual 3116 chip and I already have that...

The IEC is a little tighter on the smps capacitor than I would like but it's not really bad.

I left a little room between the smps and the amp to add a power supply cover but haven't done that yet.

I'm working on another subwoofer based on the tda8954 but I'm still not very happy with it. This larger amplifier uses a dual fed preamp and dual 36v smps.

And I finally need to finish my 5.1 surround sound project. It has an IR controlled preamp, a dolby decoder, 3 mono tpa3116 and 1 stereo tpa3116 board.

I also bought the tpa3250 ready card you are using. 2 pieces. However, even though I made the connections correctly, it did not work. There is 1 LED on the card. I didn't strive for this. What is your suggestion? thanks

English please

dave :cop:
diyAudio moderation team

My All-Billet 6061-T6 amplifier case with integrated dial is complete and thoroughly tested. Will be building another soon...

Been running the XS-8TL's with this amp for better part of the last week with my phone DAC and FLAC files.
Barely gets warm running them half volume on the dial.

I took the dial back off and reset it to 6'oclock being zero.

WAF is at 100% too as opposed to the amp and CD player in the living room.

5pdt68kyu1w5.jpg

yi38ka0yqp4v.jpg

Here's a pic where I removed the fan so you can see direct airflow path to heatsink radiator.
I also added 3/8" height rubber feet

p5qtvlsjek7l.jpg

Reactions: 2 users