Citation12 repair!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hullo Nate!

Sorry for slow response, i´m not very active here at diyaudio at present since i´m professionaly involved in the audioworld as a loudspeakermanufacturer.

I´ve got boards left, the original, semicomplementary version.
Send me Your adress and i´ll drop a pair in the mail.

Ingvar

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: this an old subject

sakis said:
was there an inductor in the output of the original citation 12??

builders and other people that mod the specific amp did you use an inductor ?

Yes.

No.

bakpaosiomay said:
can anyone tell me how good is this amp?

The original was good for 40 years ago, the complementary Mosfet
version is better.

:cool:

building one too

Kinda late in posting. I am wanting to build a mosfet version of the citation 12. ingvar ahlberg, I emailed you. Hope boards are still available. I hate laying out boards. Mine turn out so big. My plan is to use 2n5551 and 2n2401. In the motorola book, these are prefered transistors. Also using the IRFP240 and IRFP9240. I am very anxious to build one. I did find the complementary schematic. I have the citation 19, 17 and 16. I like the sound. I did build the PASS 40w class A amp. Sounds very good too.

Reviving MOS CIT 12.....

Finished my amp....

Own board design, Parallel outputs, Mosfets are from used SMPS. Quasi type since no available P channel. Most parts are salvaged from junks....MY WAY OF RECYCLING>>>>>>>

Attachments

• Cit12wspads.jpg
    Cit12wspads.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 301
  • Cit12wcase.jpg
    Cit12wcase.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 295
Amplifier at work for a year now with no problem with the sound. Not the best looking project especially wirings but enough for personal use. Now borrowed by a friend and tortured..

Attachments

• cit12 test3.jpg
    cit12 test3.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 281
  • cit12amp.jpg
    cit12amp.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 269
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.