chinese meter for cap,s coils, transistor etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I have a meter from china who does very good, but unfortanely the display was damaged and I can not find one who fit, special the connections.

maybe someone here has a idea what kind of display this is.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN3986.JPG
    DSCN3986.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 280
It is such a shame that sourcing specific spares is so difficult and expensive if at all feasible. In my experience from repairing things of great age, that most spares are not available.
With old valve equipment, there is always someone with a valve somewhere but for LCD displays it is not likely to find a replacement of the same type, let alone with similar connectors.

IMO the product price must be considered. We could hardly buy this very useful device for such meagre price if the manufacturer (IMO one person somewhere in China who contracted the board production and assembly) had to use only parts with guaranteed long-term availability.

It is such a shame that sourcing specific spares is so difficult and expensive if at all feasible. In my experience from repairing things of great age, that most spares are not available.
With old valve equipment, there is always someone with a valve somewhere but for LCD displays it is not likely to find a replacement of the same type, let alone with similar connectors.

Agree

I like repair things, we have in holland a commercial on tv about that, unfortanely it is dutch.

YouTube

translated

APPRECIATE IT. REPAIR IT
We throw away a lot of valuable things in the Netherlands. Almost 10.9 million kilos of electrical appliances and textiles are discarded every week. Stuff that after a small repair can often go well. With the campaign "Rate it. Repair it ’, SIRE wants to encourage as many Dutch people as possible to repair their broken items. Whether it is a leaking coffee maker, a broken suitcase or jeans with a hole.

Attachments

• DSCN3987.JPG
    DSCN3987.JPG
    400.5 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCN3989.JPG
    DSCN3989.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
There are many variants of the LX-1284B LCD, just search easyeda.

Look at the B5 version - 14 pins, the not-connected (and VB0+/-) pins fit your layout. But I very much doubt you can get it outside China, they make all that stuff there.

And even with the correct pinout you have to pray the LCD controller will be compatible with the arduino firmware flashed in your tester.

The LCD will likely cost you as much as new tester.

That one (if the picture is correct) is 10pin HSG12864-34 http://www.lummax-ele.com/Uploads/Download/20160714/HSG12864-34-YTDSG-R_A1.pdf . The B11 stated in the description has 12 pins, B5 has 14pins. It is just a different pinout, you can easily make a simple adapter.

IMO you need B5 discussed e.g. [Solved] LCD LX-12864b5 can't find any information | AVR Freaks

a adapter for this is not possible, it is soldered under the lcd, and needs to be flat.

oke thanks, I go look.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.