Chassis for a group order of non-inverted GC kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Colin said:
For what it's worth (given that I voted for no printing), the 'specialized' part of the logo might look better if it was all upper or all lower caps, rather than a mix of the two. And ... oh, I'll shut up now. Result of having a graphic designer for a partner.

Technically it should be upper case for 'a' , however I liked the smaller case here much better (you know, it's taken from ML logo);)

Other letters couldn't be used in lower case for proper appearance, so it's just the 'a' . It seems all right to me, and in my book there are no rules against mixing those things. It seems to be more original like that. I achieved improved look by compressing the height, much slicker now.

I was there today and anodizing is not finished on all panels yet. Front and backs are done, but the rest has to be still sent for anodizing. At least that allows them to do silkscreening in a meantime. They told me that it might be ready next Tuesday. I still have to order boxes, parts from Percy and Digi Key, plus produce small brackets for the boards and side panels.

I've seent the Classes knob sample being made and it looks exactly like original (but not anodized yet).

I will start Wiki page to see the demand on those knobs. The price will be USD$14/pc.

Attachments

• classe.jpg
    classe.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 827
I encountered a problem with artwork. It supposed to be done in Adobe Illustrator in .eps format. I have it in Photoshop (.eps format as well), yet for some reason it is incompatible with printing vendor. I don't have any resources at the moment to convert the files, and those guys will not do the artwork, like I had it originally, in Illustrator.

So I might opt just for the printing on the knobs (standard type, as it seems much easier for them to make).

I didn't expect that acquaring a proper format may be this complicated.

Anybody knows more about that stuff?

too late for order now?

hi peter

sorry i missed the order, would it be too late if i add myself to this groupbuy?

also, one side question. with interests in the lm4780 pcb group buy building up, i am just wondering if it is possible to mount this board into the case at a later date (not sure if the length of the mounting plates for the pcb can accomodate this)?

Peter Daniel said:
I encountered a problem with artwork. It supposed to be done in Adobe Illustrator in .eps format. I have it in Photoshop (.eps format as well), yet for some reason it is incompatible with printing vendor. I don't have any resources at the moment to convert the files, and those guys will not do the artwork, like I had it originally, in Illustrator.

So I might opt just for the printing on the knobs (standard type, as it seems much easier for them to make).

I didn't expect that acquaring a proper format may be this complicated.

Anybody knows more about that stuff?

Peter -

I'm out of the office until next Monday, but once there I should be able to do the format conversion for you, if nobody else has piped up by then. Drop me a private e-mail and I'll see if we can't keep the current artwork on the rails.

Paul

Re: too late for order now?

garbage said:
hi peter

sorry i missed the order, would it be too late if i add myself to this groupbuy?

also, one side question. with interests in the lm4780 pcb group buy building up, i am just wondering if it is possible to mount this board into the case at a later date (not sure if the length of the mounting plates for the pcb can accomodate this)?

The LM4780board is made in such way that it will fit into this chassis.

Paul,

If nobody comes forward earlier, I will contact you.

Basically I have the file in Photoshop format (with .eps extention) and it has to be modified into Illustrator, .eps format. The file is about 250k.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.