CD Transport: Laser Diode Guru?? HELP!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: that was ...

sakis said:
actually very easy the kss151 is comonly available in greece after all and was easy to locate by the first phonecall ...it will cost the astronomical figure of 18 euros

two things bother me though one that the prize is actually too low which might mean that the product is not really a good quality thing ....( the importer say that is excelent quality )

the second thing is that kss 151 comes in two types one with 17 pins and the other with 18 ( if i remember correct ) so you need to let me know what do you want and i can ship it for you ....

best regrads sakis

Excellent!!!

I will email you over the weekend when I get a chance to look closely at the thing... even if they are not "high quality" doesn't matter, if it works, and/or I can steal the laser diode!!

Thanks!

_-_-bear

PS. this is the KS 155A, don't know if that defines the pins...

sidiy,

Ok, I don't see any evidence of anything else there... but I can look. Anything else other than the Laser Diode and whatever is in the package...

The KS-151A is for the Esoteric (Teac) unit.

The first link you gave (thanks) is for the Onkyo - also very useful, thanks.

If the KS152 can be utilized, I would be surprised, but pleased.

_-_-bear

sorry this is soooo late bear.
unfortunately, my wife had already disposed of the parts when i got back into town.

grumble, grumble ....
:bawling:
mlloyd1

mlloyd1 said:
bear:

if it's of any value, i MIGHT have some optical parts leftover from my DX-5700 (the model under the 7500); same optics iirc. won't be able to check for a couple weeks since i'm in another state at the moment.
dx-5700 was tank-like also, i still miss it ...

mlloyd1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.