• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

CCS for tubes/valves: PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
dsavitsk said:

Instead of being a pest, why don't you just do it yourself? It should take you about an afternoon to learn Eagle enough to lay out some boards and send them to Olimex. Or, use Express PCB and it will take you about 20 minutes to learn, and another 20 minutes to get it done.

Eagle files just have to be requested. I have had zero time to pursue this, not even enuff time to pursue how Tony is doing. Sorry. Help is coming tomorrow, i may start to get a chance to catch up.

dave

You can still get Bottlehead's CCS kit, or K&K Audio's kit, or DIY HiFi Supply's kit. Indeed, SY still had a few of these boards floating around just a few months ago. Further, you can build these easily on a piece of Radio Shack strip board, or dead bug style on a small piece of plastic that you drill a few holes in.

Thank you so much for letting me know what is available and who I might purchase from. Unfortunately I did not ask you for your opinion. I was trying to get information on this thread. In the future I will email you directly and ask you personally what you think I should buy and who from.

Eagle files just have to be requested. I have had zero time to pursue this, not even enuff time to pursue how Tony is doing. Sorry. Help is coming tomorrow, i may start to get a chance to catch up.

Dave,

Thanks for the reply..........

Please do let me know if you are able to pursue this project.

If you are not able to do so I would be more than happy to help out and carry the ball provided there are others out there still wanting to purchase this particular design. If I am the only one wanting this then I will gladly let to die gracefully.

I believe you still have my email address.

Thanks,
Joe

SY said:
It probably is, but at this low a voltage, you could do 5-10x better. I'm in packing frenzy today so can't get to any databooks, but a bit of searching of Digikey and Mouser should turn up some candidates.

Or you could punt and use a MOSFET.

OK, I'll poke around and see what turns up.

Is this what you mean for using a mosfet?

Attachments

• ccs.gif
    ccs.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 692
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.