Cardas binding posts thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hey Rodd,
You are doing a great service to this community , plus you came up with a great model that might work very well in the future-
Someone goes to CES and cuts deals with major manufacturers.
I hope my projects are finished to the point that they need a little "jewelry" next year (and that the deal comes around again)

Any other products that you saw that would work out for group purchase? Maybe speaker drivers- Hey I know- those Chinese ribbon tweeters!!!

Thanks again for all of us,

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the kind words. Brian from Cardas indicated to me that this type of deal could be available again next year. If all goes well enough this time, maybe I’ll do it again next year, but before than keep an eye open for a RCA jack bulk purchase.;)

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Paul,

They don't; that's my problem. Brian of Cardas would set us up with a second deal for different connectors from a distributor (not direct), but all of the Cardas RCA's are bronze substrate. Someone would have to strike a deal with WBT, Vampire, or Kimber, or possibly CMC (I don't know their construction). There are probably others as well. The discount would have to be pretty good though, because the gold over copper RCA's start at about $20 a pair for the Vampire from Michael Percy to $50/pr. for the WBT's.

Any body else interested?

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
All payments are in, my thanks to all of you. It will take 4 business day (Monday) to get the money into PayPal from my bank. At that time I will make the final payment to Cardas and they will ship the connectors to my work. I expect to have them by the following Monday and start shipping that week (week of the 10th of February).

Starting next week, I will be sending confirmation emails to everyone. Please reply promptly (mostly for my peace of mind). I will give you your individual shipping information at that time.

Keep an eye out here for regular updates.:eek:

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Flash Update, Good News

Not having the complete amount in my PayPal account was going to delay the shipment from Cardas until next Monday when my last ~$400 deposit cleared PayPal. I made a payment today, which covered 95% of the total payment, and Cardas released the order for shipment. They are shipping UPS Ground, which will take about a week, but it will be 5 days sooner then I originally projected. This means that if all goes well I could be sending the first shipments out to you by the end of next week.

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Nothing New Yet!

Keeping the threads current so you guys don't have to go too far down in the stack to get an update.

Nothing new to report today (which means tomorrow as well).

As above, Starting next week I will start sendng confirmation emails to all of you. This will be to confirm your orders and shipping addresses. When you receive your email please reply promptly.

As George Patton would say, "Tanks":D
Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Bulk Purchase Update

I made the final payment today, but as I indicated in the earlier post, the shipment is already on its way to me. It is scheduled to arrive at my work on Thursday, 2/6/03, but I’ll post an update at that time. I’ll start packing the night after it arrives so the first shipments will go out the next day (hopefully Friday).

I have sent all of the confirmation emails out tonight. Check your emails and verify that the information is correct and please reply promptly. I have received a few replies already, thanks.

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Shipping Update!

Today, all overseas shipments went out. Overseas orders will reach your country by the end of next week. From that point it will be up to the individual Customs Departments as to how long it ultimately takes to get to you.

I’m packing again tonight and hope to get all but the largest orders out this weekend. Ontarioans, one of our Oakville guys was in town today, but didn’t make it by our office, sorry. I hope to have your orders in Peter’s hands by next weekend. 5 larger UPS orders will go out Monday.

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Another Shipping Update!

All US orders of 14 dual binding posts or less will ship Monday and should be to you by Wednesday, or Thursday at the latest.

The remaining 5 larger orders will ship on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest via UPS Ground. These orders shouldn’t take but a week to reach you.

Rodd Yamashita

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.