Cardas binding posts thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Cardas Order Status

There are still 10 people who have not verified their orders with me by email.

I need you to send me an email including your short and long quantities requested, and complete shipping address.

You have until Tuesday to get your order in if you haven't done so yet.

Darin,

Your email address is not working. I have you verified and entered in my spreadsheet. Your total is $110 with shipping and 3% for PayPal. Please froward an alternate email address.

Thanks,
Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
hifiZen said:
I guess I better ask my question quick, then... what's the thickest panel you could fit the short pairs through?
Hi Chad,

Here is an excerpt from the Michael Percy ad

"CCBP & CCGR machined five way binding post, available in unplated or silver/rhodium plated tellurium copper,
(app. 60µ Ag, =3µ Rh) with gold plated lock nut. Both are available in two lengths and mounted in a removeable “no
turn” black plastic plate to fit .5" holes on standard .75" centers, or as individual posts in a .210" hole. Choose short
model to accommodate chassis thickness up to .175", or the long (pictured) for up to .900", an additional .250" gained if used individually without insulators."

Let me know which way you want to go.

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Steve,

We may get to other types of connectors after we get through this binding post deal.

As it stands now, I have half the payments toward a total of > $3000.

We have requests for more the 200 connectors and the shipment to me will have to be in two packages for UPS.

There are 6 that haven't sent me their shipping address yet.
I NEED YOUR ADDRESSES. SEND ME AN EMAIL. Please include long and short quantities.

I'll let everyone know the outcome of the negotiations with Cardas for the Rhodium versions.

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Brian of Cardas. He will be quoting the Rhodium over silver plated, solid copper, dual binding posts in the short and long versions. They will be available at a discounted price for this purchase only.

If you want the Rhodium plated version, and you have already sent me your order or have already paid, send me an email and I’ll make the adjustment to your order. I will send you a confirmation with a new price when I receive the quote from Cardas. I should have the quote later today. The Rhodium plated will cost more then the bare copper.

For the few that haven’t sent your emails, lets get going. Let me know one way or the other what you want to do.

For those that haven’t ordered any, this is the lowest price your going to find for these connectors unless your name is Cardas.

Rodd Yamashita

roddyama said:
Hi All,

For those that haven’t ordered any, this is the lowest price your going to find for these connectors unless your name is Cardas.

Rodd Yamashita

Hmmmm, if I have a big enough order, the cost of legal name change could be amortized over the item unit cost .......

but seriously folks

Rodd, I've just jumped in on this thread, and am more than a bit confused :
exactly what are the product #s and pricing offered?
(in Canadian pesos )
shipping options? ( I've ordered lots from Solen in Quebec, and Canada Post has yet to lose anything, generally takes no more than 1-2 days longer than UPS ground, for less money)

cheers from the left coast!

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
The Quote for the Rhodium Plated is in!

Hi All,

The quote is in and here are the prices:

CCBPS - $15 Short bare solid copper dual binding posts
CCBPL - $16 Long bare solid copper dual binding posts
CCGRS - $22 Short Rhodium over Silver plate over solid copper with Gold plated copper nuts
CCGRL - $27 Long Rhodium over Silver plate over solid copper with Gold plated copper nuts

All those who would like to change and have already paid, send me an email stating such and I will reply with the adjustment amount.

All those who would like to change, but have not yet paid, send me an email and I will provide you with the new total payment.

Those who have not yet ordered and wish to do so, what are you waiting for, Christmas? Send me an email with your shipping address and quantities of each type desired.

In all cases, add shipping and 3% for the PayPal transaction. PayPal is my preferred method of payment. There are a couple of people paying by other means. This will delay the purchase, as the total is over $3000 for more then 200 units. Unfortunately the price will remain the same if it were greater numbers so unlike the recent board sales; there will be no surplus. I cannot afford to buy extra binding post for the latecomer.

Please see my post on page 6 of this thread for the shipping methods.

Now I must answer some emails.
Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Some Sale Stats

There is one person on Wiki that hasn't sent an email.

There are 31 total participating.

Well over 200 pieces ordered @ 80lbs+.

Nearly a third of the pieces requested are plated.

Total payment to Cardas will be more than $4kUSD.

I've sent or received more then 200 emails in the past 5 days.

Most have paid already, but there is nearly $1000 outstanding.

You have less then 5 hours to get your order in.

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
One Last Chance

Hi All

Since we are waiting for some mailed payments, I thought I’d open the offer up until Saturday night (EST) to anyone willing to make their payment via PayPal.

ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE IN BY MONDAY 1/27/03 at NOON (EST).

No payment, no posts. I will not order any posts without a payment.

If you have not already ordered, you can still order until Saturday night, but your payment MUST BE MADE THROUGH PAYPAL.

To order now, or change your existing order, email me with your quantities of each type desired, and full shipping address for new orders.

This is the last chance. There will be no more extensions.

I hope to have the order placed by the end of the month.

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
LAST CHANCE!

There is still one person on Wiki that hasn't sent an email.

There are 35 total participating.

Well over 250 pieces ordered @ 90lbs+.

Nearly a third of the pieces requested are plated.

Total payment to Cardas will be more than $5kUSD.

I've sent or received more then 200 emails in the past 5 days.

Most have paid already, but there is still nearly $1000 outstanding.

Ordering?

Please read my post above (#114) for ordering information

If you order now, you must pay with PayPal, and payment is due no later then MONDAY 1/27/03 at NOON (EST).

Here are the prices:

CCGRS - $22 Short Rhodium over Silver plate over solid copper with Gold plated copper nuts
CCGRL - $27 Long Rhodium over Silver plate over solid copper with Gold plated copper nuts

In all cases, add shipping and 3% for the PayPal transaction.

Rodd Yamashita

PS: Hi Phil, :D don't give anyone that impression because... I'm really mean:grumpy: , and nasty:gnasher: , and ornery.:geezer:
No, really;)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Last Reminder to Order Before Ordering Ends Tonight

There is still one person on Wiki that hasn't sent an email. Don’t expect he will.

There are 41 total participating.

Over 300 pieces ordered @ 100lbs+ of copper.

About a third of the pieces requested are plated.

Total payment to Cardas will be more than $5kUSD.

Emails up the wa-zoo.

Most have paid already, but there is still nearly $1000 outstanding.

Ordering?

YOU HAVE LESS THAN ONE DAY!

Please read my post above (#114) for ordering information

If you order now, YOU MUST PAY WITH PayPal, and payment is due no later then MONDAY 1/27/03 at NOON (EST).

Here are the prices:

In all cases, add shipping and 3% for the PayPal transaction.

Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
No More New Orders

Well, the orders have been closed since last night and there have been no stragglers. I even heard from the single wiki hold-out before the dead line. No names. Here is where we currently stand.

There are 43 people in 9 different countries @

Over 300 pieces ordered @ 100lbs+ of copper.

About a third of the pieces requested are plated.

Total payment to Cardas will be nearly $6000USD with only two people that haven’t paid at this point and 4 – “checks in the mail”.

Emails have died down to a trickle.

Shipping Schedule:

I hope to make the actual purchase by Friday. Cardas requires full payment before shipment.

I hope to be sorting, packing and shipping by the 2nd week of February.

After I receive the shipment from Cardas, I will contact everyone for a shipment confirmation prior to shipping to you. I will contact you to confirm quantities and shipping addresses.

Thanks to everyone for helping to make this relatively painless so far. Most of the rest is up to me, Cardas, UPS and the USPS. I won’t call it a success yet, but we’re getting there.:xfingers:

Rodd Yamashita

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.