Capacitor to protect Tweeter in active speaker, cheap or quality?

Can you elaborate why this would be "the" question?

While playing music the active xo filters frequencies below 1300Hz so it's not an issue. Plus the 45-type SET is rated 2W while the tweeter is rated 80W...so while playing music it looks like a non-issue to me.
The problem might arise when I turn off the amp and low frequency noise is generated after the active xo. Hence my question.

Also don't see how measuring voltage over a resistor would offer much different insight than measuring sound spectrum from the midrange woofer. Can you help me understand?
It is "the" question because "the" question spelled out in long words is: how much voltage does my tweeter handle on a regular basis without damage? (Granted the real question is how much would cause destruction, for those with some spare tweeters to sacrifice.)

The filtering done by your active filter module is upstream. You want to see what is happening downstream into the tweeter.

Measuring the signal into the mid-range is like measuring some (??) signal into I dunno what. Granted, the conventional audio amp is a constant voltage signal regardless of load, but still, a resistor is better.

B.

B.

Just to close this loop, in case it's useful for others in the future: I ended up driving the AMT tweeters without protection cap and I am so far VERY happy I did.

Good quality protection caps in the size needed were $100 to $2300 each (yes, ODAMs were quoted $2.3k!!!) and had strong suggestions to spend $150 vs $100. But the protection cap will never improve the sound...just protect. On the other hand a replacement diaphragm, should one blow, was $130. So I got one and went without protection cap. Have been using this setup for a couple of weeks without issue. The 2W 45-type SET continues to make a slight noise upon turn-off, but seems to be high frequency and tweeters are just fine. And the sound is SO MUCH better. I can now appreciate how much the caps I had were veiling...which was a lot. So if one is to use a protection cap, you certainly want a good one to let your tweeters get the best possible signal. But no cap in my case beats any cap and is cheaper to have a replacement part than a cap.

This is certainly riskier than having a protection cap. In my case it's calculated risk.

Now I know why some have taken the risk of going without protection.

Cheers!