Canadian suplier of chokes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a few chokes for a psu for a tube project. But I'd rather not import them fmor the states (heavy, shipping). So does anyone know of any good sources in canada? I don't need fancy parts, hammond of whatever is fine with me.

If worst comes to worst and I can't find a place to order one, could I just use half a transformer as a choke? After all half a transformer is pretty much an inductor, so it ain't air core, but if I can't find one...

Sorry if I didn't explain, for my psu I need large values. Several henries (10H would be ideal, but I could get away with 3H or more if I had to). And I've checked digikey before, and I just checked out solen, and they only have up to 30mH unfortunately...

Hammond's plant is in Guelph, Ontario, I believe, so any Hammond distributor should be able to order what you want. I don't know if Hammond does factory direct sales but you could give it a shot. Maybe a road trip is in order?
The discussion of using a transformer as a choke has come up before, and it seems to me somebody had some good reasons not to do it, but I don't remember the details.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.