Canadian suplier of chokes.

I need a few chokes for a psu for a tube project. But I'd rather not import them fmor the states (heavy, shipping). So does anyone know of any good sources in canada? I don't need fancy parts, hammond of whatever is fine with me.

If worst comes to worst and I can't find a place to order one, could I just use half a transformer as a choke? After all half a transformer is pretty much an inductor, so it ain't air core, but if I can't find one...


2001-06-01 4:53 pm
Hammond's plant is in Guelph, Ontario, I believe, so any Hammond distributor should be able to order what you want. I don't know if Hammond does factory direct sales but you could give it a shot. Maybe a road trip is in order?
The discussion of using a transformer as a choke has come up before, and it seems to me somebody had some good reasons not to do it, but I don't remember the details.