Burning Amp 2021 - Oct 16 & 17th, Fort Mason SF

Joined 2010
Paid Member
>> Burning Amp '21 Now Online Only <<

We have reached the difficult decision that with the current Covid Delta surge, Burning Amp '21 must be an Online only event. The safety of all the participants is paramount.

We are making plans to have the same great presentations which we scheduled for the live event, in an online gathering on the same dates.

No one is more disappointed than I about this turn of events, but I am looking forward to seeing you all on Zoom.

Stay tuned for further information.

-Tom-

Last edited:
We have reached the difficult decision that with the current Covid Delta surge, Burning Amp '21 must be an Online only event. The safety of all the participants is paramount.

Man. That blows. On the other hand there's no need to be the host of a super-spreader event either. And the upshot is that both Zen Mod and I will get to attend. :)

I hope to watch Bob Cordell's talk. Has he figured out what to talk about? :) Headphone amp cross-feed circuits?

Tom

We are making plans to have the same great presentations which we scheduled for the live event, in an online gathering on the same dates.

No one is more disappointed than I about this turn of events, but I am looking forward to seeing you all on Zoom.

Stay tuned for further information.

-Tom-

Tom,

Just cancelled my trip, bummer.

Looking forward to whatever you guys come up with in place of face to face this year.

Still would like to buy the Tee Shirts. Could we order them through the store?

Rush

I'm super bummed not to get to go.
I understand entirely why it's best that we Dont.
The Chico Group is still very active, still very much into DIY.
How would we go about putting together a submission?
I've got a few things to show off, and I know that many of the others do as well.
Are we doing Zoom?
Are people putting together videos of their stuff?
Should we just wait it out and show off our builds when we can be together again?
Perhaps the Chico club can get together here in chico, and live stream all from the same location?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Video Submissions

I am in the process of regrouping to a online format.

Could everyone who has a project or knowledge to share start thinking about a (short!) video submission for the event.

The format would be to play the video at the event and then for the presenter to be available on Zoom for Q&A. Then afterwards it would be available to the world thru youtube or other online medium. I have some video editing experience so I can help you get your submission in a final, presentable form.

Let me know your ideas. We have 60 days.

-Tom-

The positive side is that it’ll allow a lot more people to participate in the event.

Exactly. I could not afford a so long travel... I'm sorry for (western) American guys that wanted to be phisically be present, but it's a new chance for us Europeans to partecipate (even if virtually) to this wonderful event.
Maybe when pandemic will be finally over, adding the possibility of taking part online to the event, taking advantage of online platforms that unfortunately we all had to learn to use due to the pandemic...
:cheers:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Tom V ( I still need to reply proerly on your PM) ..... I know that any planning is choppy business now but - if there is any planning - what is more likely to happen -postpone of BAF entirely to regular date ( last quarter of 2022) or possible somewhere in first quarter of 2022?

US Embassies started with B1 Visas ( limited numbers) several days ago, so I can apply finally ..... just need to think am I too old already :rofl:

though, harassing Pa for few days at SR is worthy much more than 24+hr of tripping, while attending BAF is certainly Cherry on top

:clown: