Burning Amp 2021 - Oct 16 & 17th, Fort Mason SF

Wow Wow Wow. I remembered some discussion a little while back about whether BA would return this year but hadn't seen this confirmation of a date.

My wife has a new job posting in Washington DC. So we are planning to move there from Laos via the UK over the summer (say arriving September?). I've always promised myself to go if I was in the country!!! I've got a brother to visit near Fresno and Frisco is just up the road!!

It's in my diary

Some friendly advice for folks visiting the Bay Area from out of town to attend Burning Amp. Never, ever, refer to San Francisco as "San Fran", or God forbid, "Frisco", to a Bay Area local. I'm only partly kidding when I say folks 'round here don't take to it kindly. :p :)

Just call it what we all do, "The City", and you'll be fine. Cheers! :D

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Noted. Thanks. Hate to stand out as a tourist!!

Did you notice my attempt at alliteration though? :)

Some friendly advice for folks visiting the Bay Area from out of town to attend Burning Amp. Never, ever, refer to San Francisco as "San Fran", or God forbid, "Frisco", to a Bay Area local. I'm only partly kidding when I say folks 'round here don't take to it kindly. :p :)

Just call it what we all do, "The City", and you'll be fine. Cheers! :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
My 10yr US tourist Visa expires in a month

for now, US Embassy in Belgrade ( as all of them around, it seems) is not issuing Tourist Visas at all

when it'll start ....... best not to even try guessing

if I'm stuck, at least I will send some Freebies for Raffle

if not stuck, will bring them

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Is there any news on when tickets might go on sale for this years Burning Amp?

Also, if there is a project building seminar how spots will be offered up?

My wife keeps asking about it...I think she wants to know we have tickets and a plan before booking airfare and a place to stay.

It would be really great if I knew I could get her registered to build something as she would be a first time builder/participant.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
>>Is there any news on when tickets might go on sale for this years Burning Amp?
I will go to Fort Mason and put down the deposit for the space on Monday. When will tickets go on sale? Probably in August.

>>Also, if there is a project building seminar how spots will be offered up?
Planning is ongoing for both the seminars and the build camp. Nelson Pass has been thinking about "something very attractive" for us to build. We did 30 spots in 2019, and will probably do a similar number in 2021.

>>ZenMod: We would love to have you visit again.

-Tom-

Joined 2019
Paid Member
It looks like I may get to attend my first BAF this year, which is exciting! My timing is going to be tight though - any idea yet how the event will be split across the two days? Sunday won’t be a problem for me, but it’s looking like Saturday morning is up in the air.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
It looks like I may get to attend my first BAF this year, which is exciting! My timing is going to be tight though - any idea yet how the event will be split across the two days? Sunday won’t be a problem for me, but it’s looking like Saturday morning is up in the air.

Don't know this year's plans but in 2019 the Saturday Workshops were in the afternoon. There were no events in the morning.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Don't know this year's plans but in 2019 the Saturday Workshops were in the afternoon. There were no events in the morning.

Not this year! We have Building C all day Saturday from 9:30 to 5:00!

Saturday will be two tracks, a Build Workshop, and a seminar track, with Bob Cordell and Demian Martin returning with expanded versions of their 2019 workshops and, if the right equipment can be obtained, a very interesting set of demonstrations on audio perception by Steven Dear.

See you there!

-Tom-

Did I miss the Thread on where I can buy tickets? I was at 2019 and was completely blown away. My son still uses the little second order harmonic thingy that Nelson Pass gave away on Sunday. He uses it in his recording studio to add color to mixes. I want to go both days this year.

I'll be there and am very much looking forward to it. Like many of you, I am suffering from audio meeting withdrawal. I'm going to RMAF in Denver as well.

I'll be giving a presentation at BAF 2021, but I might be giving a presentation on headphone amplifiers and crossfeed instead of amplifier measurement. Any thoughts and comments are welcome.

Cheers,
Bob