Burning Amp 2017: SUN NOV 12, San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, my large diaphragm condenser microphone to capture soft Papa Nelson's voice is great, but I would prefer to have also a lapel wireless microphone on his shirt.

Who can bring one?

Anatoliy

I have a few XLR lavaliers I could provide. They're not wireless however. They will need a wireless transmitter to connect them to. Otherwise, I have one 25 foot (maybe 2) XLR extension cords to reach your mixer.

I will be happy to mail them to you if they are useful. I broke my foot and can't drive so my participation is still up in the air. Shoot me a pm if you an use them.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
And please remember that you have to be somewhat self-sufficient. Bring speaker cables, extension cords, interconnects. Not your best ones but stuff that works. Leavit in your car if you wish but at least you’ll have an option if others forget theirs.

Another commonly overlooked item is a music source! With tracks or discs or what ever with MUSIC, A file server, a Disc player, we need that to actually play music!

I might have spare speakers; depending on how much I could fit in my car.

one set pretty much requires an active xover and all that complexity. but I have enough gear to cover it and its 95% DIY.

the other setup is passive XO and inside the speaker, so its 'normal' looking and easy to hook up. the sound on both are very listenable.

I'm hoping to have my preamps working as a team, so that one will be the main driver and the rest will slave to that master unit. that would be the multichannel topology demo.

the multichannel demo is a LOT more gear to lug around. I can bring that if there is interest, else I'll bring the simpler (still great sounding) mission 700 spkrs that have upgraded woofers and are reborn from 1980's stock.

(the xover is the behrenger dcx2496 with spdif-in and my own board splitting the HP/LP into 2 spdif-out streams. that goes to 2 dacs, those go to 2 vol controls and then to 2 amps. my DIY vol control controls all that, across multiple boxes, using RF for mgmt and control).

Assuming that we are sharing the room again, perhaps we can coordinate
our efforts.

if this is for me, sure (we did share a demo room last year). I am planning on bringing the modded Missions, but I also have some nice zaph L18's that can run bi-amp; but I also have external boxed passive xovers if needed. the zaph spkrs are built using madisound cabinets, which sadly are not buyable anymore. I liked those woofers so much I used them on the zap l18 spkrs as well as the modded Missions.

I can bring up to 4 of those PGA23xx preamps, if people need any. I'll have 2 on my table for demo, but I can loan others out if needed. its unbalanced rca in and out, somewhere around redbook voltage levels (power rail is limited to dual 5, not the usual dual 12).

Attachments

• 6558090345_d5160990d7_b.jpg
    6558090345_d5160990d7_b.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 378
See you at the Show

Hello All:

Linear Integrated Systems (Linear Systems) will be exhibiting this year. We will have literature and information about some our our new and future products as well our new smaller smt packages. We will also be displaying the latest revision of the Dimitri Danyuk headphone amplifier which includes LIS JFETs, featured in the October Audio Xpress.

See you at the show!!!:)

Sincerely,

Paul Norton
Marketing Manager
Linear Integrated Systems

Looks like a tall order. Maybe we can come up with a smaller alternative for the bass.

How about a little EQ on the smaller speaker?

Catching up here. Nelson, the small horn system goes down to 80 hz. You can EQ it a bit but the horn's going just turn it into voice coil heat ;-).

Here's what they really look like. The sub is on wheels but I'd need some help loading/unloading it. It comes apart in 2 pieces where the bottom vent is.

@baski, please PM me if you think these can be hauled up in your SUV. Just know that I'll get them there on Sunday - bottom octave or not.

Cheers,

David

Attachments

• IMG_2505.JPG
    IMG_2505.JPG
    711.1 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 332
Status
Not open for further replies.