Paid Member
Can you use this to explain?

attachment.php

//

Attachments

• sol.png
    sol.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,079
Help! I had a perfectly working DAM 1121 until I recently moved. The output now sounds as though its over driven, raspy sounding. Checked all the input voltage levels, they all looked correct.

FYI - I use 3 Salas BiB shunt regulators for the digital 5V, analog +/- 5V.

Any clue on where to troubleshoot?

Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
This is my current thinkig, supported by actual measured voltage levels... there was also 3,3 at C.

At B there is an inductor - forming a filter I would guess - better not mess with that...

You and living_sounds did A, right?

//

Attachments

• sche.jpg
    sche.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 256

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
No - you did B, didn't you?

And there not the same reg as in 1021. And there seem to be a filter here which is not in the 1021... so improved in 1121... maybe not much to gain here.

I'm hesitating.... :) for 1021....

//

Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes I saw that - a little over my surgical level :) I have found the boards to be sensitive for vibration - its quite clear as you start to play loud. For this reson one don't want bigger components swaying above the board picking up vibrations - maybe you should try some stays and see what happens :)

//

Anyone tried feeding I2S_LRCK_O and I2S_BCLK_O into a Raspberry Pi source? So that the RPi uses the dam's clock to generate I2S data instead of its internal clock?

I tried on my single-board dam1121-01 but to no avail. I'm not even sure it could... is the dam's clock running at a set frequency at all, or does it first wait for an external I2S clock signal to match?

What I did was tap J3 pins 9 and 11 (before the 3K3 strapping resistors to ground -- as per the example schematic) and feed them to GPIO 35 and 12 on the isolated header of an IanCanada IsolatorPiII board. This resulted in no audio regardless if the IsolatorPiII was in master or slave mode.

I'm not sure it'd matter much, but thought it wouldn't hurt to try!