build me a subwoofer for my house too lazy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok here is the deal.. $600 budget must be able to hit 115db and be able to play low.. Need a clean black finish look.. cannot be to large but going in the corner of a 30x40 living room.. let me know if this is realistic .. I live in Wisconsin so hopefully u live reasonably close so that the shipping charges would not be too much..

Ever stretched speaker grill cloth over an entire cabinet? It makes for a very finished look, and is dirt simple to do. A splash of aluminum or oak trim makes for a very nice look.

Need to know your freq. range you need to cover, your high and low pass available, and the tops you want to integrate to.

DIY Servo-Sub

ok here is the deal.. $600 budget must be able to hit 115db and be able to play low.. Need a clean black finish look.. cannot be to large but going in the corner of a 30x40 living room.. let me know if this is realistic .. I live in Wisconsin so hopefully u live reasonably close so that the shipping charges would not be too much..

Here all your options are open:

Rythmik Audio • Servo subwoofer Products - Custom Install series

Regards,

WHG

you still have your 8 mcm 55-2421's ? A push/pull manifold with those would reach your goal. (and would only cost you a cabinet). Sew a 'tube' of speaker grill cloth, stretch it over the cabinet, so it covers all the sides. Go to home depot and buy a pre-made 'table top' of hardwood, trim to size if needed and attach it to the top. Add some feet and you have a good looking cabinet, that only took a couple hours to assemble -- that's wife approved.

Last edited:
yeah I still got the 8 8"s jbell.. whats your idea look like?? and no worries its for my parents house.. my mom will let my dad do whatever within reason.. lol

Is a 2' cube workable?

vertical manifold slot in front, with a horizontal port slot beneath it all front firing, so kind of a 'T' arrangement. If you wrap it all in fabric, it'll just look like a black cube with a wood top. On the fabric wrap, use 99cent spray paint to black out the mdf before wrapping.

Should be 'end table' size.

So, your mom and dad rock, huh? cool.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.