build me a subwoofer for my house too lazy

ok here is the deal.. $600 budget must be able to hit 115db and be able to play low.. Need a clean black finish look.. cannot be to large but going in the corner of a 30x40 living room.. let me know if this is realistic .. I live in Wisconsin so hopefully u live reasonably close so that the shipping charges would not be too much..

jbell

2003-04-02 4:34 am
Ever stretched speaker grill cloth over an entire cabinet? It makes for a very finished look, and is dirt simple to do. A splash of aluminum or oak trim makes for a very nice look.

Need to know your freq. range you need to cover, your high and low pass available, and the tops you want to integrate to.

DIY Servo-Sub

ok here is the deal.. $600 budget must be able to hit 115db and be able to play low.. Need a clean black finish look.. cannot be to large but going in the corner of a 30x40 living room.. let me know if this is realistic .. I live in Wisconsin so hopefully u live reasonably close so that the shipping charges would not be too much..

Here all your options are open:

Rythmik Audio • Servo subwoofer Products - Custom Install series

Regards,

WHG

jbell

you still have your 8 mcm 55-2421's ? A push/pull manifold with those would reach your goal. (and would only cost you a cabinet). Sew a 'tube' of speaker grill cloth, stretch it over the cabinet, so it covers all the sides. Go to home depot and buy a pre-made 'table top' of hardwood, trim to size if needed and attach it to the top. Add some feet and you have a good looking cabinet, that only took a couple hours to assemble -- that's wife approved.

Last edited:

jbell

yeah I still got the 8 8"s jbell.. whats your idea look like?? and no worries its for my parents house.. my mom will let my dad do whatever within reason.. lol

Is a 2' cube workable?

vertical manifold slot in front, with a horizontal port slot beneath it all front firing, so kind of a 'T' arrangement. If you wrap it all in fabric, it'll just look like a black cube with a wood top. On the fabric wrap, use 99cent spray paint to black out the mdf before wrapping.

Should be 'end table' size.

So, your mom and dad rock, huh? cool.