Bruno strikes again

When has any amplifier Bruno was involved with measured any different than exactly what’s on the datasheet? I’ve used them all and their own datasheet’s are spot on 100% of the time. The only problem comes is when manufacturers implement them in terrible ways that ruin the performance.

Implementation!!!!!
give me a break, they are almost plug and play.

You're behaving like you want to make big $$$$$ from using Purifi modules. (whaddayaknow Purifi 1ET400A modules for sale) is shilling permitted on these forums.

And they are almost "plug and play" when bought in module form, it's not very hard all to get one going as specified, only an idiot could **** it up, and then if plugged in wrong it wouldn't even switch on.

Last edited:
Well if that’s the case how come nobody can even make one that measures even as good as Purifi’s demo board, let alone as good as the module itself? And Purifi’s demo board was never intended on being the holy grail. Just a quick and easy way for OEM’s to test the modules.

And no I don’t sell retail 2 channel amplifiers. There’s no market for them moving forward. Active speakers are the only thing viable to make when the Chinese will have 2 channel amps that measure as good as the Purifi’s for $399 within 2-3 years. Those amp modules I was selling were for a friend. And they sold long ago. Are you suggesting that I put them in the wrong area of the forum?

Wow the 1ET400A is really capable of it’s datasheet rated THD+N specs! Although this about maxes out my analyzer. So it could exceed this yet with an APx555.

Attachments

• 42D27004-38BA-4C42-A1A0-1DFA9C0E1D94.jpeg
    42D27004-38BA-4C42-A1A0-1DFA9C0E1D94.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 202
Yes but what's good is that it increases wattage substantially from 4 down to 2ohm which is Class-D's Achilles heel
Really? Why is that? And why more so than Class AB? I'm not disagreeing, I just never heard that so I'm curious. I always thought the doubling thing was much more a power supply function. EDIT: seems some people said similar. The main guy who said it to me was the chief amplifier engineer of a $3B company I worked for; had implemented both AB and D. As for the Gryphon Audio Designs Antileon Evo, well at €29,000...amps at that price have 99.999% nothing to do with real life. I would hope to hell it sounded awesome! Are there even Class D at that price yet? If not, I'll be glad to step up folks, just Venmo/Zelle me @head_unit and I'll get right to work on it...

Last edited:
Really? Why is that? And why more so than Class AB? I'm not disagreeing, I just never heard that so I'm curious. I always thought the doubling thing was much more a power supply function. EDIT: seems some people said similar. The main guy who said it to me was the chief amplifier engineer of a $3B company I worked for; had implemented both AB and D. As for the Gryphon Audio Designs Antileon Evo, well at €29,000...amps at that price have 99.999% nothing to do with real life. I would hope to hell it sounded awesome! Are there even Class D at that price yet? If not, I'll be glad to step up folks, just Venmo/Zelle me @head_unit and I'll get right to work on it...

The trick to get to that price class is at least 20 kilos of aluminum. And if possible another 20 of tungsten bars in the case.