• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gerben, you can request a sample from JST :)
Before I started using them a lot, they happily sent out a pack of 10 of each - socket soldered to the board, plug connector and pins which then crimp and slot / lock into the plug.
Failing that, I can bundle one in if you get really stuck.

I have updated the first post with current order status.

It appears I wasn't clear enough with the instructions: if you had already put your name down in the spreadsheet, I need you to email me with the filled-in copy/paste at the bottom of the first post so I can send you a quote and process your order :)

I've had a few emails too regarding transformer recommendations, and I see tnargs asked above. For those who've already built this, I'd appreciate if you could comment on what you've used.

I used a dual 12Vac. But it was a low pancake style and I think it ended up too close to the PCB.
I want to do a rebuild with a more normal transformer to see if it improves.

I tried a 15Vac transformer, but the regulators get burning hot very quickly.
All the current to the relays goes through the regulators and increases the heat a lot.
With low mains voltage a 12Vac may result in the regulator Vdrop getting a bit too low.
Thus I suggest one uses a dual 13Vac. But no supplier makes them as standard.

Last edited:
I think I measured a maximum continuous current of around 140mAdc into the PCB. The measurement was a while ago.
That continuous current would require an AC current rating for the transformer to run at maximum capacity of around 260mA.
To allow the transformer to operate cooler I, as usual, suggest doubling the AC current rating to ~500mA.
dual 13Vac @ 500mA gives a VA rating of 13VA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.