BPA300 Eagle File .BRD - No Catches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Overestimating fool I am!

DJ Exprice said:
I thought I would have the boards done by the end of April, but boy was I wrong! I may need until June to have the BPA300 v3.0 completed. It's an extensive project that will have to wait a little longer to come together, but I will be making kits if it works perfectly! :D

-Vince

Looking forward to trying them

:)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
What are those diodes doing on the output of the positive regulator? The polarity of C5 also needs to be inverted. You have pin 5 (V-) of the DRV chip connected to the regulator ground pins which aren't connected to ground. I'm not sure what would happen if you even built that thing and powered it up!

Make the schematic more readable by making it flow left to right instead of down to up. The schematic here is a good example. Check out datasheets for the 7815/7915 regulators to see how to properly implement them. Don't even start on the layout until you have the schematic correct...

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
In the latest picture the regulator and DRV grounds are still not connected to the power supply ground.

The anti-reverse diodes are usually connected between the power supply ground and earth ground not between the supply ground and audio ground. Just forget about the diodes for now.

Have a look at the attached schematic. Try to make yours look like that so it is much easier to read. The more readable it is the less likely you are to make connection errors.

Attachments

• simplesplitsupplyschematic.gif
    simplesplitsupplyschematic.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 331
BWRX said:
In the latest picture the regulator and DRV grounds are still not connected to the power supply ground.

The anti-reverse diodes are usually connected between the power supply ground and earth ground not between the supply ground and audio ground. Just forget about the diodes for now.

Have a look at the attached schematic. Try to make yours look like that so it is much easier to read. The more readable it is the less likely you are to make connection errors.

Okay. I'll try that diode thing for the earth gnd to pwr gnd :)

What are those diodes there for though?

I will make some changes over the weekend.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
A bit unconventional as far as schematic etiquette goes but at least it looks like you have things connected properly.

What rail voltages do you plan on using with this? I ask because you have the inputs of the 7815/7915 regs connected directly to the high voltage supply rails.

About 60v from V+ to V-.

That would be giving each LM7*15 30v input…hot damn! (No pun intended…well, maybe, but that's beside the point).

Those puppies will be gettin' HOT! :hot:

That's definitely going to need heat-sink-age for the regulators :p - Or I put some LM7*24s in front of them to keep a little more sanity; what does everyone think? Please give me your opinion - I AM going to look at the datasheets for the LM7*xx series soon. I may be back in a few hours if not tomorrow.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.