Blameless style lateral MOSFET amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2. When the amp clips +V, Q5 base current will try to feed R3 without any collector current and that will interfere with the Q9 base voltage. I put a resistor in the base of Q5 to limit this effect to less than the total current from R2.

Note that the VAS current source should slave from the diff-amp (LTP) current source and not the other way around. Otherwise the Q5 base resistor does not fix the problem.

trying to upload again-
-extension bjt rejected by uploader
-so renamed to txt
-file rejected by uploader: 346.9kb too big, 195.3kb allowed
shall I pm you my lib?

I have the models if I decide to make the effort. But when I post simulation to DIYA, I put the non-standard models on the simulation (schematic) so that all you need is the asc file.

Take that!

Unable to find definition of model "ledgreen"
Unable to find definition of model "bzx84c12v"
Unable to find definition of model "mr760"
And the diodes?
Some people create a temporary include file and post it as well as the asc.

Originally I also appended the LTC bjt etc files. There can be minor issue with multiple versions of certain parts when you use an include. And I am struggling with 4+ folders where files have landed and I need to clean up my system. LTC needs a %path% system.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
meanwhile I installed a "fresh" LTSpice IV and modified my file to work with this setup without any include or lib statements.
Doing so I found some good reasons to hate LTSpice temporarily from the bottom of my heart.

Attachments

• LatFET5a_THD1k.asc.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
The simulated 1kHz THD:

Attachments

• LatFET5a_THD1k.png
    LatFET5a_THD1k.png
    192 KB · Views: 458
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Simulations are promising so far. Meanwhile I finished a KiCAD layout on 100x100mm doubled sided pcb and will order today, possibly from All-PCB. The moment of truth comes nearer!:)

Attachments

• pcb_top.png
    pcb_top.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 303
  • pcb_bot.png
    pcb_bot.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 280
  • pcb_bot_zoom.png
    pcb_bot_zoom.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.