Bigbottle Phonostage Builders thread.

Hi. I am ordering components for this amplifier. I'm really fresh with these amplifiers, so the issue can be strange. now that those resistors should obviously have a 0.1% tolerance, how many 1% resistors should i order so I can find, for example 5 pcs. resistors that would be within that given 0.1% tolerance. 10 or 50 or 100 pcs.

Hi. I am ordering components for this amplifier. I'm really fresh with these amplifiers, so the issue can be strange. now that those resistors should obviously have a 0.1% tolerance, how many 1% resistors should i order so I can find, for example 5 pcs. resistors that would be within that given 0.1% tolerance. 10 or 50 or 100 pcs.
I've ordered 100 per value generally, and I have managed to find a decent amount of 0.1% tolerance in them.

Oh no....not more work lol

What would need to be in it?

I write bits of information I find useful in the thread:

Variable loads
How to wire the "beast"
The bom list
the smartest way to do the build: Here I started with the small 861 - If I couldn't do that I could not do the rest.
Then Resisters - then caps and so on - larger and larger pieces.

Then a section on how to measure that everything is working - all done with pictures.
Tips and tricks in general

I write bits of information I find useful in the thread:

Variable loads

How to wire the "beast"

The bom list

the smartest way to do the build: Here I started with the small 861 - If I couldn't do that I could not do the rest.

Then Resisters - then caps and so on - larger and larger pieces.

Then a section on how to measure that everything is working - all done with pictures.

Tips and tricks in general
Ok, I'll get to it asap...

Great suggestions.

PCB CAD

For those interested, I have attached a 1:1 scale drawing of the BB PCB based on measurements I have taken. The designer can verify these dimensions, but since the original CAD files are not released, I am fairly confident in these. The tube cutouts are for Belton VT9-PT tube holders and to sit flush with the tube holder, I will be using 10mm standoffs to mount to the case above the PCB. I have validated these dimensions on a test cutout, now to get the actual case under the CNC...

Greg

Attachments

• BB PCB Drawing v2.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 131
For those interested, I have attached a 1:1 scale drawing of the BB PCB based on measurements I have taken. The designer can verify these dimensions, but since the original CAD files are not released, I am fairly confident in these. The tube cutouts are for Belton VT9-PT tube holders and to sit flush with the tube holder, I will be using 10mm standoffs to mount to the case above the PCB. I have validated these dimensions on a test cutout, now to get the actual case under the CNC...

Greg

Ha!

That's awesome...thank you for doing that