• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bigbottle MC only Valve/JFET phonostage Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
One other supplier of custom toroid power transformers is Audiophonics in France. Have bought from them earlier and the quality is very good, but not potted.
As an example, the price for one toroid transformer suitable for the Bigbottle phonostage, with 165V 0.1A and 2X9V 1.3A = 40VA is €29.30 + P&P. The price is calculated with 10% extra for voltage over 100V and 10% for an electrostatic screen. You can also select from three different profiles of the transformer, low, standard or high.
Cheers, seppoa

Thats a lot cheaper than i paid from Toroidy but that on was potted. Think it cost me nearly £70?

Hi Oliver.
Received my board, an hour ago. Heavy little f****r with no complaints from me. Will worry ordering the toroidal from supplier in SA when I'm back there. First need to get the components together. May take a while.
Merry Christmas and great New Year to you and your family.

Kevin

Hi Oliver.
Received my board, an hour ago. Heavy little f****r with no complaints from me. Will worry ordering the toroidal from supplier in SA when I'm back there. First need to get the components together. May take a while.
Merry Christmas and great New Year to you and your family.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for letting me know it got there safely.

Yes, heavy is right! Looking forward to seeing your build pics and hearing your thoughts when it's done.

Merry Christmas!

Oliver.

Heyyy Guys...

And a late merry Christmas :)

Just for info.... Some time ago, I built an AR PH3 clone. Seems that the transformer I used will be perfect for this one as well, and the price is good:

R26-90 0-115V 0-115V 40W R Core Transformer 0-165V(0.1A) 0-9V X2(1A) for preamp | eBay

Bigman.... Don´t forget to get in touch, when it´s all ready :cool:
Ah! Nice find!

Looks sweet. Good price too.

I will be in touch with everyone on 2nd January 2019. Hopefully anyone who is interested will have declared their interest by then.

Got the last bits done that I can while I await a delivery from China.

So far, everything has gone very smoothly. Board layout it very good and the quality of the PCB is far better than I'd hoped for.

The Jfets are now in place, thankfully. A magnification lens on my helping hands really came in useful.

I added some solder to the board first, on one of the pads. I then managed to solder the Jfet in place and then solder the other two legs. I then re-did the first. I suppose there may be a better way but it worked.

I've now just got to save up for a new case and wait for the bits from China and it's gonna be done!

Cool.

Happy new year everyone!!!!

Anyone made a start on their build? Any pics??

Next round of the group buy will be closing tomorrow. If there is any further interested parties, please get in touch asap.

Those who have already expressed their interest, I will be in touch later today regarding payment, postage and the address you want it sent to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.