• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Big valve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Max Plate dissipation 18,000W

Max grid dissipation 500W

Filament Current.... 78A - SEVENTY-EIGHT AMPERE!

My goodness, someone using this monster in an amp really needs help.... It puts the GM100 to shame with its puny filament current of 18A :D

This thing will be dissipating about 1.7kW in its filament alone!:hot:

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
You and your damn tetrodes. I'll stick to pure triode power...

I'd be wearing a lead shield around my crotch any time the 22.5 kV is applied to that beast. Enjoy your X-rays, boyz.

When I first read the 'Boris...' in your signature, I momentarily thought you were referring to me (my first name is Borislav), and I was on my way of composing a witty reply...

If you really want a tetrode, try this guy:
http://www.cpii.com/eimac/catalog/138284.htm
2.8 MegaWatts. Can't ... stop ... drooling ... :drool:

maybe a push pull of 1000 KT88 will do to drive these in my guitar amp? You know, I play little loud... :devilr:

The problem is: how will I wind my own power transformer? and the output one? should I use a 1-meter diameter wire? Glass insulated?

This thing is getting insane....

Why don't we make this the "Put your largest valve here" kind of thread? Like, you know, "Mine is bigger than yours...."

RS2002

On my workplace I meet this baby every day

Attachments

• resize of resize of rotation of picture 041.jpg
    resize of resize of rotation of picture 041.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 297
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.