Beyma tpl150h modifications?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
looks good from 1.65khz, still the whopping 7-10db dip at 15.5khz
+-1.5db from 1.6-10.6khz
Looking good for crossing from the m5n12 faital at less than 2k
I was planning to cross actively between bass and mid then use a passive crossover to the tpl, but may make it three way active.
enzo

Last edited:
this is a faital pro m5n12 on my newly made 215hz tactrix, 60 x 35cm with 80cm2 throat

192-1.9k at71db or 250 - 1800hz at 75db but its not flat, peaks at 84db

Can you please post pictures of the horn? BTW, if you attach the pictures as "attachments" I can see them from any device. The way you are posting now I can see them from my phone, but not from my work computer.

Can you describe your measurement approach? You seem to be using REW. What mic? Are you measuring in-room? At what distance from the mouth? What kind of gating are you using?

Have you measured the Thiele-Small parameters of your drivers?

I just purchased my M5N12 and waiting for them to arrive. It sounds like your horn is a lot like what I have in mind for this driver.

i tried again at a higher volume and more on axis which gave better results, apoligies for my ineptitude, seems depending how you measure you can get whatever result you want!
measured using minidsp umic-1, at 1M on axis, signal from E-mu 0204 into 4p1l SE amplifier, transcendar opt. horn is sat on 50 x 50 x 95 cm back loaded bass horn in a 4 x 8m furnished livingroom, carpets etc i'll try and get pics.

tactrixm5n12volume_zpscjottxhf.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.