Beyma TD250 horns - How do they sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am looking for a pair of 1" horns for either a B&C DE25 or a BMS 4550 to be used from 1000 Hz (B&C) or maybe 800 Hz (BMS) and up in my home horn rig.

For such application the Beyma TD250 looks great, but I have not heard them. I would very much like to hear from people who have experience with these horns and how they sound - also compared to other 1" alternatives - thanks!

Kind regards
Peter

Hi,

I can't be of much help but can say that I own a pair of TD250's, with Beyma 380 cd's driving them.

I have not compared them to other cd's but am very happy with them. I am using them from 3K up with some midhorns / basshorns. I used to use them from 1.2K up with a 10" pro driver for mids. I also used a JBL bullet tweeter with my horns before putting the 250's in instead.

They play clean, are pretty sweet and didn't sound worse than the scanspeak tweeters I used previously. They image nicely too.

Not much help but I don't think you'll be dissappointed with them.

btw I damped them with dynamat type stuff..

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply! That sounds encouraging!

If I remember correctly, I believe you have had a pair of PD.107 10" mids. Now you are "here", may I ask what you thought of PD's and further: which driver/horn combo have replaced them? Thanks!

Kind regards
Peter

Hi,

The PD 107's really were the weak link on those speakers (I used beyma LX60 15's for midbass). They had some pretty bad break up modes that made them sound hard on vocals. In hindsight I should have bought the 10" JBL's I wanted but thought were too pricey.

Right now I'm using Edgars rectangular midhorn with the JBL LE-5 driver. It works a lot better than the PD. Running it 500 - 3K. Using EV15L drivers on 80Hz horn 80 - 500. 2 Labhorns below.

I use a pair of DCX2496's for xo duty, and QSC pro amps for all drivers.

Haven't felt a need to upgrade for quite a while which is encouraging, but I do have a pair of altec 511B's in the garage that need drivers. When I get some spare cash (like that ever happens:D ) I'd like to try them atop my midbass horns.

Have attatched a measurement of the PD107's (groundplane outdoors 0deg, 30deg, 60deg)

Cheers,
Rob.

Attachments

• mid0+30+60.jpg
    mid0+30+60.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 378
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.