Best very small fullrange for 100Hz to 20K

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good very small fullrange for 100Hz to 20K please

Hello,
I'm searching for the most compact solution as possible... the lowest volume and driver size as possible.
Is there any experienced builder that knows a 2 or 3" Full Range able to cover the 100Hz to 20K range please ?

Last edited:
pair( 2 pcs) peerless HIEND 3inch fullrange speaker free ship desk audio
pair( 2 pcs) peerless HIEND 3inch fullrange speaker free ship desk audio-in Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
(from AliExpress Android)

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

Thx for the link, the VAS is a bit high for a compact enclosure and the of-axis response is really bad.
The Qts is too low and the FR is too high for an unequalized flat open baffle response.

I will look for perhaps TV drivers or to stay compact two ways coaxial for cars !

The 100 Hz is hard to get with a so little FR (if you need the treble as well).

I d'ont find small coaxials.
You are right the treble off axis response of of small fullrange is bad... i'm finally planing to add a 1" dome.

I have no personal experience with that size fullrange drivers, but from reading
in a german magazine (Hobbyhifi) the Wavecor drivers seem to be VERY good.

--> Wavecor FR070WA03/04 [http://www.lautsprechershop.de/pdf/wavecor/FR070WA03_04_specifications.pdf]

Next size up is "FR084WA01" and equally good.

Amazing, the free air response is simply awesome but they are expensive.

SB65WBAC.

Currently on sale here

https://www.intertechnik.de/Shop/Special-offers/_SB65WBAC25-4_1768,en,7765,150419

You will not find better especially at the sale price.

Not bad, but i'm still searching for a cheaper alternative, because of the need of a tweeter.
And the Qts is too low for an unequalized flat open baffle response.

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
If you are conservative with how loud you need to play the Fostex FF85wk will do the job…

The sats in these will reach 70-80 Hz, (smaller enclosure goes to 80-90) so can be XOed at 100 Hz, in this situation we tried 160 but moved the XO up to 240 Hz for better upper bass lower mid impact.

uFonkenSET-matched-woofT.jpg

dave

If you are conservative with how loud you need to play the Fostex FF85wk will do the job…

The sats in these will reach 70-80 Hz, (smaller enclosure goes to 80-90) so can be XOed at 100 Hz, in this situation we tried 160 but moved the XO up to 240 Hz for better upper bass lower mid impact.

uFonkenSET-matched-woofT.jpg

dave

Beautiful tiny speakers, really.
You 've done a lot of work...:crazy:

60dB in enough for me, i've tried the fostex (FF85K) and dislike the congestioned boxy sound... the audax HM100G0 drivers are a lot more "airy".

I don't know if my enclosures were wrong ?

Last edited:
-15dB@10K for 60° and +10dB@15K on axis... the treble quantity is too dependant to the listener position AMHA

This is true of any full range driver. They all have poor off axis performance due to their largish diameters. To get decent treble response you need to pick your listening axis carefully. Still of all the full range drivers I've tried the little SB has crystal clear, very smooth and extended highs. Yeah you need to angle them to suit the high frequency balance you want but what's new?

This is true of any full range driver. They all have poor off axis performance due to their largish diameters. To get decent treble response you need to pick your listening axis carefully. Still of all the full range drivers I've tried the little SB has crystal clear, very smooth and extended highs. Yeah you need to angle them to suit the high frequency balance you want but what's new?

I was looking for a treble capable new-gen long excursion fullrange, some inverted domes have an amazing directivity pattern... but i've finally found a old audax miniature woofer at my local store paired with the good TW010E1.

It require 1.7 liters... it's a tad bulky.

Last edited:
Surprised nobody has mentioned the Vifa/Peerless/Tymphany TC9FD18-08 or better yet, TG9FD10-08. I would try these first due to low cost, very low midrange distortion, very smooth frequency response and quite decent off-axis performance.

http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/264-1064--tymphany-tg9fd-04-spec-sheet.pdf

http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/264-1062--tymphany-tc9fd18-08-spec-sheet.pdf

The distortion down at 100Hz is not the best you'll find, however. Attached is the graph for the TC9. The TG9 should be better. Of course, I haven't heard a 3" driver that has truly clean bass.. others in this thread may be better in that respect.

Attachments

• tg9fd10-08 response.png
    tg9fd10-08 response.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 672
  • Vifa-TC9FD18-08-HD.gif
    Vifa-TC9FD18-08-HD.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 168
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.